Anyone have A. gemmifera?

squidarcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen photos of these in the wild and they look very stunning and unique, and besides a few old threads from 2008 I haven’t seen any in a tank, or at least any highlighted to be this species. Anyone have larger colonies of this species?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’ve seen photos of these in the wild and they look very stunning and unique, and besides a few old threads from 2008 I haven’t seen any in a tank, or at least any highlighted to be this species. Anyone have larger colonies of this species?
Last I’ve seen was a purple version and it’s been at least 5 years

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They generally come from the Red Sea and I haven’t seen many stony corals come out of that area recently, instead they’ve always been softies (if any coral). But as someone with a tank for SPS and a tank for softies I don’t really mind that.

A Gemmifera has always been an Acropora I’d love, in person they’re just a nice but again, like you, last time I saw one was 7-8 years ago.

steveweast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got one....or at least....I'm pretty sure that it is a Gem. I got it as a 1 inch frag about two years ago. Here it is....next to a similar storied Humilis Not the best top down photo but......

gem.jpg

Last edited:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got one....or at least....I'm pretty sure that it a Gem. I got it as a 1 inch frag about two years ago. Here it is....next to a similar storied Humiis. Not the best top down photo but......
I may start trying to hunt down this species again if you got hold of it a year ago, I wonder if it’s more available now as we have more strains of certain species established in captivity.

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There is one called "Sanjay's Red Photon" that is very nice, if you can find a frag. I haven't been able to grow it beyond small colony sized without it crashing, for whatever reason.

Back