Anyone have a Mimosa clam

  • Thread starter Thread starter DHill6
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DHill6

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
2,816
Reaction score
1,696
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A couple months ago, in the beginning, this guy was a little shy. Took awhile to fully open, turn itself the way it wanted and I have left it alone since. Definitely growing
23257741-A4F9-4ED1-98BA-8F91B5089843.jpeg
4AAA02A5-F51C-4CB8-B111-9D04006684AF.jpeg
 
A couple months ago, in the beginning, this guy was a little shy. Took awhile to fully open, turn itself the way it wanted and I have left it alone since. Definitely growing
23257741-A4F9-4ED1-98BA-8F91B5089843.jpeg
4AAA02A5-F51C-4CB8-B111-9D04006684AF.jpeg
I have one that has settled at the top of the reef and is growing well. I think they prefer to be closer to the light but that is only my observation.
 
I have one that has settled at the top of the reef and is growing well. I think they prefer to be closer to the light but that is only my observation.
Do you have a photo of placement? I have a Radion G4Pro
 
Look at all that shiny new shell! Good job!
 
I have one that has settled at the top of the reef and is growing well. I think they prefer to be closer to the light but that is only my observation.
Thanks for the photos. Pacificeastaquaculture has a nice write up on clams.
 
Updated photo under 12,500. Looking from the top down it has teal running through it as well but doesn’t show up in this photo. It’s liking the bottom placement.
D85951CD-4B69-4130-9138-2EBA0EC852B4.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new