Anyone have the Bubble Magus Roller Filter?

Cerberusfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving mine. I bought a polyester felt roll and cut it to size instead of replacement rolls. Now when its over i wash it like a filter sock and replace it. Only lasts a month because its thicker but i dont have to wait for a new roll or buy one.
Maybe that's what I need to do with mine. The roll that came with mine is so thin you can almost see through it, and let's tons of stuff through. I'd love it if it was a lot thicker. Where did you get your polyester roll?

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe that's what I need to do with mine. The roll that came with mine is so thin you can almost see through it, and let's tons of stuff through. I'd love it if it was a lot thicker. Where did you get your polyester roll?
Just a fabric store near me.

sfboarders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies to keep asking questions, but anyone have a rough measurement on the BM replacement rolls diameter out-of-the-package? Still trying to figure out a possible filter material replacement.

The replacement roll is 3.5".

kilnakorr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks like an interesting device.
Is there somewhere you can get all the measurements? It's not really a 'box' shape, so have no idea if I can fit it in my sump.

sfboarders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks like an interesting device.
Is there somewhere you can get all the measurements? It's not really a 'box' shape, so have no idea if I can fit it in my sump.

Aquacave has the measuments of the different size BM filter rollers.

sfboarders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Seems they have some measurements.
Not sure I'll be able to fit any type of roller filter in my sump though. They all take up so much space :(

Yea, they take up some space. Might wanna check the Clarisea out.

kilnakorr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, they take up some space. Might wanna check the Clarisea out.
I didn't design my sump to fit a roller filter, and have a large-ish skimmer. I see no way to fit any brand/size roller filter in there.
Might have to do some diy later on. It's a pretty simple thing, with small motor and a float switch - can't be that hard

sfboarders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering how long the replacement rolls are lasting for you guys. Mine is only lasting 3 weeks.

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering how long the replacement rolls are lasting for you guys. Mine is only lasting 3 weeks.
Mine lasted about 2 months. But the more out of water it is, the more downward force there is. Try to keep it above water more.

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the ARF-1 which is comparable to the medium. I get two months out of a roll in a 90 gallon with a 4” porcupine puffer, a niger trigger and a few azure damsels. 100% of my drain goes through the roller filter.

Ketan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this filter since last 1+ month. It does remove some crap but I feel the water is now a lot more particulate than before. I was using 5 micron dual felt socks before. Now there is only one line going in the roller filter where as the other line has no sock. Most of the water still flows to the roller so that's good. I am wondering if the roll is 20 microns causing not so polished water. Any way to get 5 or 10 micron filter material?

Andy D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anybody translate what the Spanish speaking guy is saying at the 4:15 mark? It really looks to me like he is saying the motor can go on the other side. It's the second video above.

Thanks

Edit - If you look at 4:40 there's even a cutout for the float switch wire. So it can go on both sides. Sweet.
It can be completely swapped from side to side, I have one, great bit of kit, not jammed once in over 6 months, I’m lead to believe the clarisea jams after a short while

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back