Anyone here having issue with orders from LiveAquaria?

nept2n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been having issues with LiveAquaria orders not been fulfilled, partially filled or wrong specimens sent. Has anyone else recently experienced any of these things?

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think read that petco was selling or splitting away from them recently.

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LiveAquaria or Diver's Den? If they're sending you the wrong Diver's Den fish...that's kinda fishy....

I'm still patiently waiting for the day when they have both a pair of captive bred banggai cardinalfish and some randall's prawn gobies in stock...so no shipping issues just yet...

Petco did sell LiveAquaria to somebody, we're not really sure who though. This was back in June/July I think. I think the latest conjecture was that Tropical Fish International bought them?

un5tab1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only issue I had was purchasing a Apex Ph probe. The one they sent had dried out and when they went to send another they had been discontinued.

OP
OP
nept2n

nept2n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. It sounds like something going on. I ve ordered from them for years and never had an issue with ordering.

dmh41532

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t ordered recently, but last I knew, LiveAquaria orders ship directly from the supplier, which is in California I believe. They’ve got some crazy coronavirus restrictions so they probably aren’t running fully staffed. The partial orders is might be due to a ‘fish shortage’ international flights are still limited and our local stores are having a hard time getting some fish.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the ownership change was supposed to be a good thing. Maybe it hasnt officially changed hands yet? It seems LA has gotten even worse lately.

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been having issues with LiveAquaria orders not been fulfilled, partially filled or wrong specimens sent. Has anyone else recently experienced any of these things?

Can you elaborate on your experience(s)? I have a bunch of stuff in my shopping cart and was getting ready to order today...until I saw this post.

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Petco did sell LiveAquaria to somebody, we're not really sure who though. This was back in June/July I think. I think the latest conjecture was that Tropical Fish International bought them?

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had good and bad with them lately. Granted, they've honestly tried to fix the bad. The biggest issue has been getting the wrong specimens. I am skeptical that they are buying from Quality Marine anymore because they always sent me the right thing when I orders from the general stock list (as long as LA had it labeled correctly on the site), but the last few times I ordered, I got the wrong specimens. LA did give me store credit, but they've now quit carrying what I normally buy because the wrong things keep getting sent.

Also, the last three attempts made to get a sea hare they were all under two inches. I've never, ever received a sea hare that small before.
Also, for the first time in a while, I had livestock like sea hares and fish arrive DOA or almost DOA.

The most glaring thing is the massive price hike. I mean HUGE. Yellow tangs for 100.00??? (small). Corals that used to be 75.00 now upwards of 200+

*Just read the article, so I was right, no more QM stock*
This frustrates me even more because LA is their own wholesaler now and I'd think the live stock would be more affordable not more expensive.

stanlalee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered from then in the olden days and twice recently (divers den/non divers den Wisconsin shipment about a week ago and some Florida shipped ORA pieces a few weeks ago). The experience has been the same for me every time which is seamless. I didn't even know they were bought and later sold by Petco until I stumbled on a thread here recently.

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@LiveAquaria - Do you have any info on orders not being fulfilled? I don't want to place an order for several items...only to received 1 or 2 things. It wouldn't be cost-effective as far as the shipping fees are concerned.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@j.falk Good afternoon, we make every effort to continue to have availability with a variety of specimens and deliver the orders with as little disruption as possible. There is no doubt, the pandemic has created some unforeseen delays and necessary adjustments to our normal shipping schedule. We are so proud of our teams, suppliers, and carriers for adjusting to change, shifting priorities, and working outside of normal routines in attempts to maintain inventory, reduce delays, etc. We work through the exceptions that customers experience to ensure resolutions are met and satisfactions are gained. Please reach out to the team if there is specific information you are looking for. Have a good afternoon!

Gignasty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LiveAquaria - I ordered a bonded pair of Fancy Ocellaris Clownfish. Today I received a pair of Black Misbar clownfish. I chatted in to cust serv about the mix up but have not heard back

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LiveAquaria - Do you have any info on orders not being fulfilled? I don't want to place an order for several items...only to received 1 or 2 things. It wouldn't be cost-effective as far as the shipping fees are concerned.

I've had this happen a couple times with crabs and shrimp. I've made an order only to be told they were out of stock. I chose to wait to see if they got it in. They never did and I was sent a refund. I think this has happened 2 possibly three times. I was not forced to take store credit, they "returned" my money. I put that in quotes because I've noticed that LA no longer processes the payment until the livestock is sent. Or maybe it's always been that way and I didn't notice.

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happened again. I'm hoping it's just a literal delay, but got a letter from LA saying they couldn't fill my order and that they would when they have at least 75% of what I ordered available. I'm not sure how this continues to happen, especially now with the wholesaler owning LA. They should know what they have in stock at all times and know how much to set aside. I don't get it.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's just how they operate. I'd stop expecting something different.

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would never order from anyone that would charge me shipping and then send a partial order. That seems incredibly shady and unfair. I would expect to be contacted first and given a chance to cancel.

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would never order from anyone that would charge me shipping and then send a partial order. That seems incredibly shady and unfair. I would expect to be contacted first and given a chance to cancel.
When that happened to me, they gave me a credit for free shipping on a future order.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back