Anyone Iodine Dip SPS?

BloopFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone ever dips sps like Stylo in antibacterial dips like Povidone Iodine or Lugol's Iodine? I can't seem to find a very exact dosage out there.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use seachem reef dip which is iodine but mainly for lps. Sps just get a dip in dettol. 3ml per 10liters of water.

never used tge 2 brands you referred too, and different brandshave different species of iodine so would need one for the particular brand you are using.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I generally use Lugol's in my last dipping tray before I put frags in the tank. I use 3 trays/containers when adding new frags and they all contain about 1000mL or 1500mL of water in each. 1st container gets 5mL to 10mL of Melafix or bayer (forget dosage on bayer) and dip for no more than 5 minutes. After that the frags go into the second bath of clean saltwater to rinse off any Melafix/bayer, usually another 3 minutes or so, then in the final container which contains fresh saltwater from the tank with a little Lugol's (about 7 to 10 drops) and let the frags sit in there for a couple minutes, then into the display.
If you're just dipping with Lugol's, then it's 40 drops per gallon for about 10 to 15 minutes. It's roughly 1 drop per 94mL of water (if that helps?).

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back