Anyone know what Acropora this is?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a beautiful Acropora frag yesterday and the PE at night is great (Looking forward to daylight PE and watching it grow out).
Anyone know what it is as it was sold as just a stag. This is under a white light (Main room light) so nothing was done to make it look bright, the photo is what I can see in person.
image.jpg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She's a beauty!
She definitely is!
I just said “Something Blue” to go with the seriatopora and he said “I’ll get you a Stag” so I wound up with this and I love it! Hit the jackpot with something blue for certain.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She definitely is!
I just said “Something Blue” to go with the seriatopora and he said “I’ll get you a Stag” so I wound up with this and I love it! Hit the jackpot with something blue for certain.
I love the PE btw! I just got a new acro yesterday but haven't gotten good PE yet, I think maybe because the flow isn't strong enough where I put it for slow acclimation to my lighting

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the PE btw! I just got a new acro yesterday but haven't gotten good PE yet, I think maybe because the flow isn't strong enough where I put it for slow acclimation to my lighting
I have mine directly under the return in hopes the blenny wouldn’t go there because it’s got strong flow close to it
image.jpg

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine directly under the return in hopes the blenny wouldn’t go there because it’s got strong flow close to it
image.jpg
You don't prefer to slowly increase light intensity on them? Or do you match the par it was previously in at the shop?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't prefer to slowly increase light intensity on them? Or do you match the par it was previously in at the shop?
I rather set my lighting onto acclimation, so instead of moving all the coral up from a lower light level I’ll put them in their final spots and let them grow out rather than stress them by moving them up every week or two (I do this in my 4’ tank though).

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The coralite structure does look like this acro I have, a tortusa I believe.

PSX_20220503_125708.jpg

PSX_20220312_194040.jpg

Rather charming acro.
That tortusa is a beauty!
It looks similar to a tort for definite, I assume it’s rather hard to tell as it’s still only a small frag and not a slightly larger colony though.
Not as good quality of a photo as the photo above of my drag but I tried to get a closer look at the porites (Correct me if I got that wrong haha)
image.jpg

J1a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let it grow out and it will become clear .
:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

This grew from a single stick of 3 inch frag in 6 month or so. I thought I bought a stag, but it turn out to be a tortusa.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let it grow out and it will become clear .
:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

This grew from a single stick of 3 inch frag in 6 month or so. I thought I bought a stag, but it turn out to be a tortusa.
Will definitely wait for it to grow out, debating on recording down the growth in this thread ontop of my build thread.

Boxofpurplerocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a beautiful Acropora frag yesterday and the PE at night is great (Looking forward to daylight PE and watching it grow out).
Anyone know what it is as it was sold as just a stag. This is under a white light (Main room light) so nothing was done to make it look bright, the photo is what I can see in person.
image.jpg
Pic under bluer lights? Looks just like my green slimer looks in daylight with purple/blue tips, but hard to tell under that lighting.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic under bluer lights? Looks just like my green slimer looks in daylight with purple/blue tips, but hard to tell under that lighting.
That’s where it gets even harder, the only photo I can ever get of the actual colours of this coral are under the main room lighting. Blues take over the photo too much and IMHO you can’t see anything of what they look like in person. For example:
In person it’s a Beautiful Neon Green with the blue tips
EABCF491-3493-449A-95F3-B99C8CB1ACF5.jpeg

Boxofpurplerocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s where it gets even harder, the only photo I can ever get of the actual colours of this coral are under the main room lighting. Blues take over the photo too much and IMHO you can’t see anything of what they look like in person. For example:
In person it’s a Beautiful Neon Green with the blue tips
EABCF491-3493-449A-95F3-B99C8CB1ACF5.jpeg
Definitely green slimer then!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely green slimer then!
That’s great to hear!
Just looked up the scientific name of the green slimer and then looked up “Purple Acropora Yongei”
Bang on this is it!
EA07FF08-A7FA-496E-9F91-AEBAA2F25744.jpeg

After some further depth of trying to find it’s common name, I’ve found a similar one under the name “Blue Slimer”.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to confuse things even more. I let it colour up and grow out (There are several signs of growth from the first photo). I’m not wondering if it is what I assumed.
image.jpg
image.jpg
3D2CAE8E-056D-4B59-B47D-FE306205719C.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back