Anyone know what Acropora this is?

Blue slimer looks exactly like it, except it's more blue like an oregon tort.
I wonder if I just let it grow out and get a photo at the end of the month then to see if we can ID it properly?
Will have *hopefully* weekly updates on the growth in my build thread.
 
I’ve just realised how blues out the photo is, I’ll try get a better photo of it from top down.
image.jpg
 
I’ve just realised how blues out the photo is, I’ll try get a better photo of it from top down.
image.jpg
This is slightly more accurate, the green is just a bit brighter though, not as dull as it appears on the photo of that purple/blue slimer.
 
Honestly, other then it being an acro, with all the crazy names being thrown around lately, it could be anything.

I've seen the exact same frag(assuming it's a stock photo and not WYSIWYG) called 4 different things from 4 different vendors.
 
Honestly, other then it being an acro, with all the crazy names being thrown around lately, it could be anything.

I've seen the exact same frag(assuming it's a stock photo and not WYSIWYG) called 4 different things from 4 different vendors.
Should I just care for it the same way as I have been doing and see how it grows to get a potential scientific ID then instead of a designer name?
 
I'd say so. Most of your acros are gonna flourish under higher light and flow. Only a few that seem to like a little less light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new