Anyone know what carpet this is ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter slippers
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

slippers

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2022
Messages
23
Reaction score
28
Location
houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likes high light and avoids sand, likes rocks and flow its like blue with yellow/gold tips…. poor pics its a really special piece ,…. Also does not move around , Need to get some clowns and need to figure what kind are my options.



7F62040D-8B18-4AD6-9B86-49E28AB9A5C9.jpeg
 
I was thinking the Mertens however it’s over 3 years old and has not grown…. Also the back has no patterns one color like the hadoni…. But for sure not hadoni
 
Interesting. When you say it hasn't grown, how big is it? And when you say the base only has one color, what color is it?
 
It’s purple/blue like , the front side just duller. I will try have a look again …. But for sure no spots no lines, it has grown from say 6 to perhps 8 inches in 3 years…. Not even 8 inches…. It’s small from a carpet … I do feed it…. Like once every two weeks or so. Such a cool anemone ….
 
No markings on the backside rules out Mertens. I've not had other carpets so I'll let other folks weigh in from here. Good luck!
 
Mertens, need a pic of the column but I’ve never seen a haddoni that color after a year. I also wouldn’t say growth is a very good identifier.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new