Anyone know what this is?

TREY21

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
11
Location
Davison, MI
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I flipped a rock that’s been in my tank for a while, I was gonna take it out and put it in a new tank but saw this and want an ID on it first lol. Only coral in tank is a cabbage leather and watermelon bubble tip anemone. It doesn’t look like my cabbage leather, and it’s also not a Xenia because it’s just stationary there. Soooo what is it?

RenderedImage.jpeg
 
I know you said its not but sure does look like it to me. Have you had xenia in this tank before? Maybe since it was under a rock its not 100%?
 
I know you said its not but sure does look like it to me. Have you had xenia in this tank before? Maybe since it was under a rock its not 100%?
It doesn’t pulse it’s stationary
 
Not all Xenia pulses. And like mentioned above, if it’s unhappy it also won’t pulse. Sure looks like Xenia to me, but it could also be a similar coral like anthalia. Won’t be able to tell till it grows a bit.
 
I flipped a rock that’s been in my tank for a while, I was gonna take it out and put it in a new tank but saw this and want an ID on it first lol. Only coral in tank is a cabbage leather and watermelon bubble tip anemone. It doesn’t look like my cabbage leather, and it’s also not a Xenia because it’s just stationary there. Soooo what is it?

RenderedImage.jpeg
sure does look like some type of xenia to me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new