anyone much of a cigar smoker

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best recent cigar is Guardian of the Farm! Amazing Flavor!

Rubymoon286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moreso in College than now, but I do still keep a good stock of cigars in my humidor, and a ton of pipe tobacco (I prefer pipes) I worked at our local tobacco shop and even took over blending our pipe blends/doing custom blends for customers.

Cigars - Liga Privadas were my big go to, along with a variety of maduros. I've been enjoying some lighter cigars recently - mostly Highclere Castle Edwardian Petite Corona since it's a relatively small stick, and pretty mild. I do still go for heavier cigars though.

Pipes, I range pretty widely, though like some strong English tobacco in most of my blends or a good burly. Lane BCA is probably my favorite aromatic to mix in (if it can be called that)

Crevalle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll fire one up about once a month. Mostly Cubans I get in Mexico although we aren’t allowed to bring those back any more.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a smoking lounge/room in their house? I am wanting to put one in and curious what you used for your air ventilation? Air purifier, air exchange system, bathroom fan type? What size is your room and air system?

thanks
corey

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a cigar lounge in our loft. It's about 14x16ft.

I posted pics and description here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/anyone-much-of-a-cigar-smoker.499155/page-5#post-7012637

We installed this filter with additional charcoal block added. https://purennatural.com/collection...ed1000-whole-house-hepa-air-filtration-system

The air filter works great and can handle about 2-3 people smoking cigars at the same time, which rarely happens here. If I'm smoking alone a non-smoker can be seated 3 feet across from me and never get a whiff of smoke because it gets sucked up the ceiling rapidly. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 12.37.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 12.37.06 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 5

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why did you choose this system over an Air exchange system (like bathroom fan type)? I want to try and make this decision with the most knowledge as possible. My friend who does remodels etc, suggested 1 large or a few smaller ventilation fans (like bathroom). Then run duct work from them to each quadrant of the room to ensure all the smoke is pulled from the room and pushed outside. I’m not opposed to his method or a smoke eater like yours, just curious on pros and cons etc. the room is only about 450 sqft.

thanks
corey

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Initially we were going to also install a large exhaust fan like you describe in addition to the smoke filter. We actually have a spare light switch for that purpose if we ever feel the need in the future. The "problem" with doing a fan like you mentioned is that in order to be effective you need a lot of CFM of air displacement. That means in the Winter/Summer you would need to vent a window to allow fresh air in to match the volume of air going out. In the time it takes to smoke a cigar in the Summer here when it's 95 degrees, the room temp would likely rise to an uncomfortable level. Same in the Winter, it would make the room chilly. The main reason we built the lounge was to be more comfortable than smoking out side in the hot/cold months. It was actually my wife's idea.

We ended up installing separate "mini-split HVAC units in the second story so that three rooms are isolated with zero ductwork connecting the rooms. You can literally be in the billiard room 2 feet on the other side of the door and smell zero smoke. It's actually and exterior door with rubber weatherstripping and a sweep on the bottom.

We installed a wall timer for the smoke filter so when we're finished smoking the filter runs for 30 min really scrubbing the air. When you walk in the room the next day you can't even tell a cigar was ever smoked in the room, ever.

We've been very happy with it and it gets a lot of comments from visitors.

wheels 45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I smoke cigars every chance I can. I bought 5 last night. 6x60 ring gauge. I don't smoke in the house though. I tried it years ago. Never again.

driftin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone recommend a good small humidor, or a good vendor to purchase from?

Rubymoon286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back