anyone much of a cigar smoker

hockeyhead019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was in the 6 pack?
Hoyo de Monterrey, Romeo y Julieta churchill (short), H. Upmann Connoisseur, Bolivar Royal Corona, Cohiba Robusto, Partagas Serie D

Of those I've only tried the Romeo & Julieta. I've heard of the Cohiba but never tried it. I'm looking forward to giving the rest a shot.

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a marathon smoking day yesterday. Had a Tatuaje Cojuno 2012 Habano, San Cristobal Presto, and an Opusx Perfection X.

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES! I would do terrible things for a Davidoff.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't smoke a ton of cigars, maybe one every week or two. However we have friends over almost every weekend and my wife grew tired of having to sit out in the cold or rain when our friends and I enjoyed a smoke. So this past year when we built our new distribution center we made an office up stairs and a cigar lounge.

We isolated the room with sound deadening insulation and installed a wall mounted min-split HVAC system so there is no possible smoke contamination via ductwork. Directly over the seating area is a 1,000 cubic feet per minute HEPA air filter with 20 pound charcoal canister in the return duct. We have had non-smokers sitting across from me smoking a cigar and the moment I exhale the smoke is gone and not one person has ever complained about the room being "smokey." (I've never smoked a cigarette so as odd as it sounds when I smoke a cigar I don't like to be immersed in smoke like I have seen happen at some cigar bars.) Built into the wall is a digitally controlled humidor with water container and alarms if the temp/humidity falls out of range. I just fell upon this thread and thought you guys might enjoy the pics. All of the decor was coordinated by me, and like with fish food I kind of get carried away and go over the top when I get an idea. I stained and varnished all the mahogany trim, as well as did all the painting. We're very happy with the way it turned out.
IMG_1576.jpg IMG_1575.jpg IMG_1573.jpg IMG_1570.jpg IMG_1568.jpg Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 10.22.37 AM.png

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that yours?.?
awesome if so. I’m jealous. Haha

corey

No, I quoted another users post. but I used to have a small cigar store in my town. my day job pays the bills, so after 6 years i closed up the cigar lounge to focus on it. I do miss it though.

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful Setup there Larry... What kind of cigars do you like?

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful Setup there Larry... What kind of cigars do you like?

Ok so my first cigar ever, which a friend let me try was a Drew Estate Tabak Especial....now don't laugh cause it's infused because it was a nice introduction to cigars for a previous non-smoker.

Drew Estate Tabak Especial
4.82 OUT OF 5
RATINGS 963

Half cigar, half coffee. All amazing.
With Tabak Especial they’ve taken the coffee-infused cigar to bold new heights that thrill the taste buds. Jonathan Drew has carefully influenced Esteli-grown long-filler tobaccos with the robust nuances of Nicaragua’s finest coffee beans. The result is a rich tobacco core layered with savory espresso notes and a touch of milk chocolate, all perfectly balanced by a sweet, velvety aftertaste.

However, since then I've moved on to mostly mellow, Robusto medium bodied non-infused cigars. I'm actually working though a dozen mixed cigars my buddy gave be from Cuba. We had this one the other night and the flavor was great, but it was rolled tight as heck. I like anything that is smooth, not bitter and just has a nice draw with good smoke.

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 3.59.04 PM.png

When we had our Grand Opening party for the new distribution building we hosted over 100 people, mainly from the aquarium industry who flew or drove in for the weekend. We had a local cigar rolling company https://www.facigars.com/ come out who rolled cigars on site after dinner. It was a really cool time had by all and lots of guests went home with cigars!

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 4.07.26 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 4.02.30 PM.png

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 41 46.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.8%
Back