OP
OP
Jl330

Jl330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'll get the pods from algae barn and the snails from AD. Don't see myself getting a deal like that on them elsewhere.

BootyPup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought some corals from their 9.99 coral bin, the GSP, blue gorg. and a zoa. All of them came really good and the GSP is starting to grow, although it was not too green its gaining color. I have lost the zoas and the gorg though, although it was my fault as my shrimp stole them since they weren't stuck down hard enough.

OP
OP
Jl330

Jl330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pods come in tomorrow so if you wait a day I’ll let you know what they look like
Nice I think I'll wait til Friday to buy just in case. Not like I'm gonna actual work in the office that day

7hogwarts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The BOGO sale is likely to be over by Friday. But they do have it every couple of months.

OP
OP
Jl330

Jl330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The BOGO sale is likely to be over by Friday. But they do have it every couple of months.
My issue is I'm thinking that snail pack from them may be overkill for my tank. 50 more snails in a 55 gallon tank is a lot. I have 10 or so already.

OP
OP
Jl330

Jl330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went the algae barn route. Got the bog 5280 pods plus phyto pack ance 5 cerith snails. Hopefully the snails will hang out in the sand some and hopefully the pods add some biodiversity to the tank. Might sell half locally because I don't need that many. Can they be stored?

7hogwarts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can have LOTS more snails, most are fairly small. Some fish will also eat them depending on the fish. Pods will also feed fish and corals. I wouldn't worry about having too many.

Coral Newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went the algae barn route. Got the bog 5280 pods plus phyto pack ance 5 cerith snails. Hopefully the snails will hang out in the sand some and hopefully the pods add some biodiversity to the tank. Might sell half locally because I don't need that many. Can they be stored?

Jl330 just got my package from algae barn. Everything looked good. I like the 5280 just because price wise it seemed better than my LFS and just getting the trigger pods. Plus as a new member I got there BOGO with the 5280+phyto. I also discovered their from Boulder,CO so just a few hours away from me so it’s like supporting a LFS.

OP
OP
Jl330

Jl330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jl330 just got my package from algae barn. Everything looked good. I like the 5280 just because price wise it seemed better than my LFS and just getting the trigger pods. Plus as a new member I got there BOGO with the 5280+phyto. I also discovered their from Boulder,CO so just a few hours away from me so it’s like supporting a LFS.
My order ships out Monday

OP
OP
Jl330

Jl330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course after making this order I notice tons of pods in my tank tonight when i stay up later than usual. I guess more is better. I don't think I need all that I bought.

Jeff_Toronto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't Comment On Livestock But I am a huge fan. They are and online store but unlike most they do walk in's on. Weekends. They carry stuff I generally can't find in local lfs stores and the guy that runs it is as nice as they come. I've never ordered online because they are 15 minute drive from me. Convenient. From livestock perspective not sure.. they operate out of an industrial unit and is more like a warehouse. They have a couple of frag tanks on display when you just walk in and a couple of smaller tanks with various limited stock. Personally I would buy anything equipment wise there but I wouldn't (and haven't) buy fish. Setup doesn't seem robust enough but that's just my opinion

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back