Anyone running a Sicce Syncra SDC 9.0 on a closed loop or externally?

OP
OP
Ironwill723

Ironwill723

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How are you guys gluing these up? I just picked up one of these pumps and the 1" pvc slip adapters only allow the 1" pvc pipe to slide in about 1/2"??? How are you supposed to glue that? Looks like there is a small ridge/stop on the inside of the adapter that needs removed to slide the pipe down farther.
sicce.jpg

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you guys gluing these up? I just picked up one of these pumps and the 1" pvc slip adapters only allow the 1" pvc pipe to slide in about 1/2"??? How are you supposed to glue that? Looks like there is a small ridge/stop on the inside of the adapter that needs removed to slide the pipe down farther.
sicce.jpg
The 1” PVC connections are what’s keeping me from trying these for my closed loops. Probably going with Vectra L2’s because of the beefier unions

OP
OP
Ironwill723

Ironwill723

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The 1” PVC connections are what’s keeping me from trying these for my closed loops. Probably going with Vectra L2’s because of the beefier unions
The pump is awesome and really pushes some water. The pvc connections seem well built I just do not understand why they put the inner pipe stop ridge so shallow. I will probably just sand it off and push the pipe in farther.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 106 43.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 117 47.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.3%
Back