Anyone running the Vectra external?

reefknight

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
815
Reaction score
51
Location
Warner Robins, GA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at purchasing a Vectra to replace my aged return pump on the 185g. Considering a new sump at the same time and possibly running the Vectra externally in my stand. Has anyone had experience in doing so? Good/ bad/ indifferent?

I'm aware of the silly BST pipe threads, and this would be plumbed hard line pvc all the way. Just have to bite the bullet and buy the adapters as well. I'm nowhere near happy that this is not controllable via the Apex. I think that is the biggest let down while researching the pump thus far. If it wasn't for the vast majority of other DC pumps failing, I think I would let this go. This from a person who has four Vortechs on his display. Infamous words, can't we all just get along! (OK, rant over!)

Seriously, any thoughts folks, appreciated!
 
I have a Vectra M1 and a L1 plumbed externally.
Pretty awesome pumps. I replaced a Reeflo Dart/Snapper and a Eheim 1262.
Now the loudest thing on my tank is water noise.

 
Awesome! Worried about leaking issues like some of the other DC pumps on the market. I had to swap my ATB Flowstar motor block to my Vertex Alpha 200 when its motor died. So, the replacing an Eheim 1262 myself now. Would seriously love the bit of extra flow along with the soft start feature.
 
They are pretty nice. Haven't had a pump this quiet since using the Poseidon P series pumps.
Plus the power is nice too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new