Anyone successfully running a pico tank?

LouiseS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

Im new to reef2reef and come from Cape Town, South Africa. I'm however not new to reefing - I had a RSM250 for a number of years but closed it down when we moved houses and completed massive home alterations (Louise's RSM 250 - Marine Aquariums South Africa).

I am now looking to start a pico tank (19 litres / 5 gallons total water volume) as I miss being in the hobby greatly and am doing all the necessary research. I have not found a single (great) pico tank in South Africa that has been up and running happily (stable parameters) for over two years! Any over here?

Thanks
Louise

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Iván Olalla runs a nice one. His is borderline nano/pico. But he does a good job with such a small tank.

scdigby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 welcome.jpg

Hello Louise!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! You may find some additional pico tanks by sorting the the R2R member tanks section.

Clownfish.gif

Bubbles!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
I myself haven't kept a pico reef, but I found this thread while perusing through the forums one day. Hope this helps!

OP
OP
LouiseS

LouiseS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@flampton, @fishguy242, @Funston07, @fuelman, @scdigby @Jimbhoy13, @CelestEel, @Ippyroy, @BeltedCoyote, @Peace River, @Fred2482, @KJ, @BackToTheReef - Thanks very much for the welcomes - feeling the joy

@ScottR, @brandon429, @TheFabulousMr.Tocket - thanks for the leads will pour over them now. Lots of reefers seem to start these nanos/ picos but many don't seem to last longer than a year, so watching with great interest!

Really keen to start up again but don't want to start on something that is going to end in many dead coral / fish and wasted equipment

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back