Anyone use AquaForest Reef Salt?

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got a bad bucket of Red Sea Blue bucket and it got me thinking I want to try something different.

The salt Parameters I would like,

Alk 8.0
Cal 430ish
Mag 1400+

Do you think Aquaforest is a decent salt? Is there a better option? Its an SPS Dominate tank.

Thanks,

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a bad bucket of Red Sea Blue bucket and it got me thinking I want to try something different.

Alk 8.0
Cal 430ish
Mag 1400+

Do you think Aquaforest is a decent salt? Is there a better option? Its an SPS Dominate tank.

Thanks,

Aquaforest and Fauna Marin look equally appealing, I just didn’t want to be the Guinea pig as I also have a full sps system and use blue bucket but tired of the crud.

Viperdragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use aquaforest as well as my lfs and one of the coral places near me I like it

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the reef salt and loved it. I’m using ESV now but It would be my next choice if I had to change salts.

sdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using AF reef salt. I switched after using TM Pro for years. I have a salt water reservoir and mix up a couple weeks worth of salt water at a time that I use for an auto water exchange. It's only been a few months since the full transition to this salt, but so far I've been happy and the corals have been doing really well. There is a batch code on the bag/ bucket of salt that you can use to look at the ICP test that AF performed for your batch of salt.

Viperdragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using AF reef salt. I switched after using TM Pro for years. I have a salt water reservoir and mix up a couple weeks worth of salt water at a time that I use for an auto water exchange. It's only been a few months since the full transition to this salt, but so far I've been happy and the corals have been doing really well. There is a batch code on the bag/ bucket of salt that you can use to look at the ICP test that AF performed for your batch of salt.
Do you have any problems with alk dropping over the couple weeks they say to use within 5 days

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Alk 8.0
Cal 430ish
Mag 1400+

Thanks,
I have and really liked it. Issue was, I had a hard time finding it (was when There was a shortage of everything aquaforest) and switched to Tropic Marin

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently switched from Reef Crystals to AquaForest, about a month in actual usage. I think it makes a discernible difference in a positive way. I’ve been doing 10% water changes every week in my 60 gallon and it seems like my corals have had a slowly improving appearance and overall health.

sdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any problems with alk dropping over the couple weeks they say to use within 5 days

I change a 2% volume of the system daily about 5 gallons a day. The water is in a sealed but vented container in the garage. Not sure why they recommend 5 days, they allude to evaporation changing water parameters. Given the containers are sealed evaporation isn't a big concern.

I don't measure the alkalinity of the salt in the reservoir, but I haven't experienced any problems.

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use their products. But expirienced a salt batch with extra high Mg. I do not trust that they realy do ICP to every batch. I now use Fauna Marine but last water change was 20% on Sept 2021.

Back