Anyone use the red sea complete reef care (4 part) and recommend it?

Spizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They said it would not be much of an impact on their system, and it would be fine.

Simon
(Red Sea Group)
May 1, 2024, 18:59 GMT+1
Good evening Alan,

Thank you for contacting us here at Red Sea.

Thank you for your interest and questions regarding our 4 part ReefCare.

We would kindly advise that you continue to use our original 7 part supplement programme if continuing to use your Algae Reactor. If you are wishing to move away from using the Algae Reactor then of course we would highly recommend the use of our new 4 part ReefCare programme.

In short this is all down to the fact that the Algae will use up the contained elements at a much larger rate than the programme allows.

This is the reply I got from Red Sea if using an algae reactor

FernBluffReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read somewhere that although they say only a weekly CA test. They also require a monthly Alk test.

I’m thinking of trying the 4 part when my standalone Alk, CA and Mg gets more depleted. I’m not dosing trace today and it seems like a good idea to do so but have not ICPd to know if I need to. Still a relatively new tank. When doing so I still plan on testing CA and Alk weekly along with nitrate/phosphate for now until stable

dolpator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Simon
(Red Sea Group)
May 1, 2024, 18:59 GMT+1
Good evening Alan,

Thank you for contacting us here at Red Sea.

Thank you for your interest and questions regarding our 4 part ReefCare.

We would kindly advise that you continue to use our original 7 part supplement programme if continuing to use your Algae Reactor. If you are wishing to move away from using the Algae Reactor then of course we would highly recommend the use of our new 4 part ReefCare programme.

In short this is all down to the fact that the Algae will use up the contained elements at a much larger rate than the programme allows.

This is the reply I got from Red Sea if using an algae reactor
Thank you, but When I was talking with the rep at RAP he specifically asked me fo my tank specifications, and he said the product is to be used without a refugium, and the reactor would not make that much of an impact. I have to ask the dumb question here. If the 4 part is nothing more than a simpler 7 part, why the big difference between the two? wouldn't the refugium use up the contained elements either way. Kind of contradicts themselves. Both products are supposed to have the same elements, and what the rep told me was that with new technology they were able to put the 7 part into the 4 part. Wonder what the issue with running a refugium with the 4 part is over the 7 part. Well anyway thanks for the reply. looks like Red Sea Reps are not all on the same page...

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back