Anyone uses this co2 media?

I use that exact link from amazon. It works fantastic.

As with most color changing CO2 media, the indicator dye fades away after a while of the media getting saturated. It will show purple, but it’s not so pronounced like exhausted color-changing DI media.

I use pH readings to determine when to change it out.
 
I use that exact link from amazon. It works fantastic.

As with most color changing CO2 media, the indicator dye fades away after a while of the media getting saturated. It will show purple, but it’s not so pronounced like exhausted color-changing DI media.

I use pH readings to determine when to change it out.
What do you use for your PH reading? Neptune?
 
I use BRS kalk dosed at night with peristaltic dosing pump and a single floor energy recovery ventilator to remove CO2 from house itself.

Long term kalk use may have some downsides but most tanks are reset from overgrowth or failure in 4-5 year period anyway.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new