Anyone using a DIY reagent for KH Guardian ?

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to downgrade? Someone has previous firmware?
I have old firmware on my phones but I updated the nozzle and everything else like an idiot it seems like

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting to think it’s crap like they put this out there to stop people from trying

One how can it measure viscosity when ur mixing it with 1500ml of water when it’s only six grams itself @Randy Holmes-Farley how would they be able to tell the difference of the liquid when it is watered down that much?

I don't know how they claim to detect it, but I didn't see mention of viscosity. Luminosity will only work if they add an ingredient for that purpose.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting to think it’s crap like they put this out there to stop people from trying

One how can it measure viscosity when ur mixing it with 1500ml of water when it’s only six grams itself @Randy Holmes-Farley how would they be able to tell the difference of the liquid when it is watered down that much?

They said “luminosity” not viscocity. Anyone think there’s a luminous dye added to the reagent? Anyone have a UV light and some reagent?

It’s interesting to me that they’d take the Tesla approach to it. You can buy the car, but you don’t own the rights to work on it or do anything too it.

Michelin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi any update on this? Someone tested new firmware with diy reagent?

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine finally got the error on my 4th 1L bottle of reagent. Interestingly enough, mine still works, it just sends an incorrect dKH reading to my Apex. So, I'll let it keep going and give me the reading manually I suppose.

I do not think I'll buy another unit. I might just go with the Trident if I am forced to buy reagent.. I'll only go that route when reagent is readily available though.

Luke_l

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They said “luminosity” not viscocity. Anyone think there’s a luminous dye added to the reagent? Anyone have a UV light and some reagent?

It’s interesting to me that they’d take the Tesla approach to it. You can buy the car, but you don’t own the rights to work on it or do anything too it.
i just checked my undiluted reagent, as well as my diluted reagent with an orpheck coral flashlight, and a vansky uv blacklight (used for finding dog or cat urin) and to my surprize... nothing.....

Luke_l

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on a side note. i don't really mind paying 27 dollars per satchel of reagent. at 4 hours, i get 2.5 months out of a satchel, and the customer service that you get with khg is UNHEARD of. That guy is awesome... and that machine runs flawless!

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need this! On my last pouch now... yes that is electrical tape, don't judge.
Screenshot_20220116-005852_Gallery.jpg

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine finally got the error on my 4th 1L bottle of reagent. Interestingly enough, mine still works, it just sends an incorrect dKH reading to my Apex. So, I'll let it keep going and give me the reading manually I suppose.

I do not think I'll buy another unit. I might just go with the Trident if I am forced to buy reagent.. I'll only go that route when reagent is readily available though.
Curious if you could just offset the variance that you are getting through the AIM to read properly in Fusion? If not on the KHG side then on the Apex side or perhaps a combination of both.

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if you could just offset the variance that you are getting through the AIM to read properly in Fusion? If not on the KHG side then on the Apex side or perhaps a combination of both.
No, it was the same reading no matter what the KHG stated. I transitioned to the Trident nine or so months and would never go back.

Yes, the reagent costs more, but the ability to control dosing based on readings has proven extremely stable and a blessing with two kids under two.

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it was the same reading no matter what the KHG stated. I transitioned to the Trident nine or so months and would never go back.

Yes, the reagent costs more, but the ability to control dosing based on readings has proven extremely stable and a blessing with two kids under two.
Yes I too am running tridents on my tanks with controlled dosing via DOS and reasonably happy. I do want to run my KHG in parallel just to see if KHG is more precise .

Victor Guyton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all

Is there anyone using a DIY reagent for KH Guardian ?
I live in Brazil and here the reagent is 120 dolares that makes the unit operation impracticable.
I know that is a tiltration with an acid but what is the concentration ?

Thanks in advance
Charles Silva
Rio de Janeiro

Victor Guyton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all

Is there anyone using a DIY reagent for KH Guardian ?
I live in Brazil and here the reagent is 120 dolares that makes the unit operation impracticable.
I know that is a tiltration with an acid but what is the concentration ?

Thanks in advance
Charles Silva
Rio de Janeiro

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back