Anyone using Blades Only for SPS tank?

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2012
Messages
2,435
Reaction score
3,283
Location
NJ
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Was thinking about setting up a 36” cube and possibly lighting it with maybe 4x 30” blades. Curious if anyone here is using blades as their primary lighting on sps tank. Would appreciate your input!
 
For 9 months I did. They worked out great. I switched to Radions just to test them out. First pic has 2 Reef Brite XHOs but they were changed to Blades. I just don’t have a good pic with all 5. I only needed 3 Blades for SPS PAR all over my tank. 72*36*22 with 57” Blades


IMG_0840.jpeg
IMG_0991.jpeg
 
For 9 months I did. They worked out great. I switched to Radions just to test them out. First pic has 2 Reef Brite XHOs but they were changed to Blades. I just don’t have a good pic with all 5. I only needed 3 Blades for SPS PAR all over my tank. 72*36*22 with 57” Blades


IMG_0840.jpeg
IMG_0991.jpeg
Thanks! Do you remember what kind of par you were getting from 4 blades? What footprint were you lighting? Also were you running glows or grows?
 
Thanks! Do you remember what kind of par you were getting from 4 blades? What footprint were you lighting? Also were you running glows or grows?

3 Grows and 2 Glows. Footprint is in post

I may have more pics and PAR readings in my build thread. I don’t remember if I posted them all. IIRC, I was around 450-500 PAR at the top of my rocks if I ran them at 100%
 
For 9 months I did. They worked out great. I switched to Radions just to test them out. First pic has 2 Reef Brite XHOs but they were changed to Blades. I just don’t have a good pic with all 5. I only needed 3 Blades for SPS PAR all over my tank. 72*36*22 with 57” Blades


IMG_0840.jpeg
IMG_0991.jpeg
They look great on your tank!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new