Anyone Using Fritz RPM for AWC?

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, this may have been covered before and I’m just not great at searching threads, but is anyone using Fritz RPM for auto water change setups? I’m in the process of setting up an awc system that will be run by a DOS changing ~1gpd continuously. My salt storage tank and RODI tank are 32g brute cans so in theory I will have about a month of storage before needing to mix more. Trying to figure out if anyone is using Fritz RPM and storing this long? My LFS stocks Fritz so it’s easy to get my hands on without paying shipping. Thanks!

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s opposite of what you want

no need to add any retail products to your holding water

keep it uncapped during storage so it exchanges air with the room, clean the containers occasionally of the aggregates and precipitates that form at the bottom and only keep clean water. If the bacteria added die over a month of just sitting there thats polluting the clean water

dont cap off the storage water even if you get told to do it by others, it’s not safe. Keep clean no addition water circulating and open topped it’ll be best.

bottle bac is never required to add to post cycled reefs, it’s adding bioloading, o2 competition and waste acid production you don’t benefit from

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ha Fritz rpm is the salt, I thought it was the cycling bacteria.

i dislike Fritz for its low mix params people report. Use tropic marin instead

OP
OP
Zach W

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ha Fritz rpm is the salt, I thought it was the cycling bacteria.

i dislike Fritz for its low mix params people report. Use tropic marin instead
Haha no problem, I was reading your first reply and was thoroughly confused. I thought I posted the wrong question for a second! Yes the salt, trying to figure out what salt mix is best, Fritz would be the easiest due to convenience but can order others too. Are you using storing the TM for any period of time? Any concern with 30 day storage after mix?

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I store all salts like that to avoid spoilage during holding, brand name doesn’t factor

any params out of alignment such as low alk can be tested and brought up to spec / Fritz had low alk when my lfs used it as the for sale pre made water, whereas tm was just perfect it seemed right from their production system requiring no adjustments

OP
OP
Zach W

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I store all salts like that to avoid spoilage during holding, brand name doesn’t factor

any params out of alignment such as low alk can be tested and brought up to spec / Fritz had low alk when my lfs used it as the for sale pre made water, whereas tm was just perfect it seemed right from their production system requiring no adjustments
great, thank you for the information!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back