Anysuch thing as a Blue Slimer or Red Slimer??

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sure it was a. Yongei? Times have changed. I still love stags and been trying to find some nice red ones but most aren’t really thick branching stags.

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love a mix of a few stags in a tank, they provides those nice big branches and cool to see fish weave through them!

Pc Rainbow in some high light can be a red stag...

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got two types of green slimer (one is super fuzzy, the other is traditional Bali) and I've got a yellow slimer. They are all distinct in color, polyps, and structure. Have another called Crayola stag which could possible be what others are calling blue slimer as it is very similar in appearance other than color. I'll have a purple slimer shortly from another reefer here in SE Michigan.

Definitely a fan of the big staghorns. Three of the colonies are over a foot wide/tall so the damsels, hawkfish, and other small fish are always in, on, and among them. It's very cool to see that behavior. Definitely need to blast them with light and flow otherwise they are not nearly as happy or colorful!!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
second that

gsb67

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1581474065443.jpeg
1581474065443.jpeg

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mcpuff it sounds like your should post some picks of your yongei collection!

Sure, I can do that. Getting a Pixel tonight so I might be able to take some halfway decent pics (Motorola phone wasn't too great at that, even with filters). I do have some FTS in a few places on the forums here so those may tide you over until I get closer pics. :0) I don't have the purple slimer just yet, but it's coming soon.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple slimer is pretty common around here. A buddy had a massive old colony with a base branch maybe 2+ inches thick. My piece from him finally started growing a few weeks ago

OP
OP
B

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got in touch with Adam from Battlebox corals. He said he would put together a non-green "SLIMER" collection. Can't wait to see what he comes up with. I have never ordered from him before, but have heard good things. I will post links to what corals he included once he puts it together in case others want one too.

Sarlindescent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not bought corals from him, but fishofhex (youtuber) has several different varieties of staghorns that you can buy and if you watch some videos, you will see them. His seem to be largely green, blue, and purple with multi color varients of those colors.

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for similar staghorn type of colors that have the same growth pattern as a green slimmer. I have kept acros before, but prefer lagoon look (softies, lps, monti-capsand few big colonies of staghorn and maybe a milli in the mix)

There is a Purple Slimmer floating around. *Edit I'm behind in the thread. @ycnibrc Is the one I thought of. I'm going to need a piece Anthony!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My battlebox corals arrived. 7 in total. most overgrowing plug and all look great. Not "slimers", but all nice chunky stags which should color great:))
I will post pictures soon.... total 240 with shipping.
  1. Acroberry
  2. Copps Cali cali
  3. BC “old Blue” stag Not on site
  4. BC Yellow Head stag
  5. BC Blue lemon Not on site yet
  6. Poletti Yellow Tip
  7. a no namer that6 gets really interesting colored tips. Similar to the olympus

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back