Anything you can add to prevent ich ?

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. My fish like it. I've never had ick. I just rotate it in with other food.

While I have never personally used the product, everything I have read about it leads me to believe this should only be fed in qt. See http://nlsfishfood.com/health/medication/documentation/ick-shield-pellets/#

If you have to make sure corals and anemones don't eat it then it contains real medication which is not reef safe. Or it contains nothing that is not reef safe therefor doesn't work.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
While I have never personally used the product, everything I have read about it leads me to believe this should only be fed in qt. See http://nlsfishfood.com/health/medication/documentation/ick-shield-pellets/#

If you have to make sure corals and anemones don't eat it then it contains real medication which is not reef safe. Or it contains nothing that is not reef safe therefor doesn't work.
Wow. I never read that. I got a container free and it wasn't a full label. Thank you!!! You may have just saved me an issue!

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything has a predator. Finding one that will do a wack job on ich in a certain stage is the challenge.

nkyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. Best bet is to quarantine everything before going in the main display tank. Coral and inverts for 76 days and fish for 30 day copper treatments (or 2 weeks if you do the transfer method)
Do you also continue the 76 day QT for fish after the 30 day copper treatment? 30 days copper + 46 day continued observation in QT?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you also continue the 76 day QT for fish after the 30 day copper treatment? 30 days copper + 46 day continued observation in QT?
I did, but only because I knew my tank was contaminated. If your tank is fresh or you know definitively that you have no parasites in the display, once the 30 days is up I do 2 weeks observation and then into the display.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back