Apartment dwellers- what is your power outage plan?

Rubymoon286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which Jackery batteries do you have?
I got two of these and they work great - it's a big upfront cost, but I also use them when I take my travel trailer off grid. I usually will put the solar up in a sunny spot on the camp site to charge them or use my car to charge them, but they worked great during tornado season up here this spring when we'd lose power.

Icedphoenix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure if you are still looking but I can give you a run down if what I am working towards. First I made sure my return and my wave makers run the same DC voltage. Ie 12 or 24 in my case 24. All the equipment that will be using the back up will have a tunze switch. Each piece is plugged into the tunze and then the tunze is plugged into the wall and the batterys. Using a 24v battery tender for a car hooked up to the deep cycle batteries. Now when power goes out the equipment automatically switches over and the tender keeps the batteries charged for that occasion. Will last way longer then the ecotech stuff and no inverter just the switch. You choose how long and how many batteries you need obviously if 24v you need at least 2.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back