Apartment RODI

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi everyone,

Beginning to piece together my first reef tank. Want to get ahead of the game and buy a RODI filter, however I am in an apartment with limited space. Ideally, I would like a unit that can fit under a sink for use, either by a T or adapter in a bathroom if necessary. Having not bought a RODI in the past, what brands would fit the bill for this? Compact and worth the $

100 gallon tank
In my early years I had a full unit 4 stage under the sink, then moved it to laundry area with a connection to faucet adapter.
Air -water and ice are good as are spectrapure and BRS units

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Beginning to piece together my first reef tank. Want to get ahead of the game and buy a RODI filter, however I am in an apartment with limited space. Ideally, I would like a unit that can fit under a sink for use, either by a T or adapter in a bathroom if necessary. Having not bought a RODI in the past, what brands would fit the bill for this? Compact and worth the $

100 gallon tank
Ro buddy , do it in the tub for when it will eventually, one day, definitely definitely overflow.

Kylesreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

100 gallon tank
Buckeye hydro sells a kit. I tie my waste tube back onto my sink faucet with a 3d printed holder and the RODI sits under the sink.

Kiara_Pyrenei

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

100 gallon tank
I live in a small japanese apartment, and I was still able to use the full size BRS 5 stage filter (with a booster pump). While I have it on the outside of my cabinet, it also would have fit under the sink as well (I didn't want to mess with the plumbing so I chose to connect it directly to the faucet instead)
1031231021_HDR.jpg

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in a small japanese apartment, and I was still able to use the full size BRS 5 stage filter (with a booster pump). While I have it on the outside of my cabinet, it also would have fit under the sink as well (I didn't want to mess with the plumbing so I chose to connect it directly to the faucet instead)
1031231021_HDR.jpg
I second brs unit. I added a buster pump. People bash brs but you can't go wrong with their rodi units.

AQUATICLIFE Smart Buddie Booster Pump for 50-100 GPD Reverse Osmosis Water Filter Systems RO/DI Units, White, 12 Piece Set (540292) https://a.co/d/gJuvITM

XtraKargo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll second the RODI Buddie or Smart Buddie Booster Pump. Made a process that took hours to make a gallon into getting over 15 gallons in 3 hours. Good luck!

FreshwaterConvert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to manually move mine and attach it to the sink every time I use it because I don’t have space under my cabinet or anywhere else (Tiny tiny apartment) but I’m only making 5 gallons every other week for top off. Im eventually gonna just get connectors and more tubing so I can just run the hoses when I need to and not move the whole unit.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 115 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back