OP
OP
spicymikey

spicymikey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah if they can't figure it out then I have to assume it's faulty equipment. I don't know what your budget is but I would suggest getting another brand new one and sending this one in for service. They will fix it and send it back to you and you could use it as a spare or use it for additional Outlets later. There's certain things that are good to have extras. I'm just one of those kind of people. I I have spares of any critical equipment running life support. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give Neptune equipment a six in terms of quality and 10 in terms of ingenuity and cleverness with how everything works so well. But the equipment build quality definitely leaves a little to be desired. Feels like a child's toy in your hands. But it's all Fairly reliable once you get it working. The biggest thing to realize is none of this equipment, meant to work in a wet environment, is in any way water resistant! LOL. It's crazy but make sure you protect against water from above that may drip on any dosing pumps or anything like that. Make sure you set up drip loops on any cables leading into connection points on any of the equipment as well. No gaskets no seals no nothing inside. If you opened some of this stuff up it is not going to look like an iPhone inside lol. It'll definitely look more like a child's toy with a lot of empty space and some circuit boards just sitting there screwed to plastic mounts.

Regarding your fmm module showing up in the module list. I guess you don't realize this but there is an fmm built into the base module for the Apex pro. That's what you're seeing. There are four Barrel plug jacks that but you access it.

Last edited:

Ben Mccue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the explanation on the module. I have to setup a call with support now, hopefully they figure it out. I will probably need another energy bar at some point but for now I can go without until it's fixed. My sump is in a spare bedroom behind the display tank,
apex and energy bar are on a control board about a foot to the side of the sump and about 3 feet up so moisture hopefully will not be an issue.

Ben Mccue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got off a call with support a bit ago, it's a hardware issue with the energy bar. They're sending out a replacement along with a return label. I was nervous I'd have to ship it in for repair and wait a month to get it back because it's been on a shelf since March. Definitely a favorable resolution. Everything works but the power meter so I'll just leave this one running until the replacement arrives.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back