APEX and EB8 Failure: Confused

A_game43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had what appeared to be an EB8 failure last Saturday night. Multiple outlets were off or out of control and the Green Status light was off. A couple of the outlets appeared to be working. I plugged my devices into normal outlets and they all worked ok, huuum. I bought a new EB8, plugged it in, recopied all my control programs, plugged everything back in and nothing, the outlets would work a little or do what they wanted. Example my Calk doser worked for a bit then decided to drain about half the calcium into my tank, my one return pump will not run.
The weird part is, is that I have two other systems running off this EB8 via Bus cables with not issues.

My next step tonight is to change out the Bus cable from this EB8 to the actual controller and see what happens. After the cable swap I will plug my LED fug light into the different outlets and set up a qwik On/Off cycle program to see how each outlet reacts over time. This sounds good to me for now?

Open for any ideas or help with next steps: Apex was the heart of my Reef tank, hard work when they are down.

Thanks

OP
OP
A_game43

A_game43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went into my APEXFusion Dashboard, reprogrammed outlet 8 with a min on / min off cycle hooked a lamp up to the outlet and nothing? The lamp does not come on during the timeframes that I entered? the date and time are correct on my Aqua Controller Display and Comm is On which tells me it is communicating. My Program version is in need of an update, see below.

Hey one more update, I did manage to update to the newest version 4.51. I went through the Neptune site and followed their instructions, after a couple of attempts I finally got the update correct. Quit a process, dang, hope that these do not happen very often.

I need to see now if my issue with the EB8 is any better, got my fingers crossed. Running out of ideas slowly?

OP
OP
A_game43

A_game43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update for the better, I learned that my new EB8 got assigned a new address and that I was always one address behind because of pulling the USB cable several times. With the EB8 having a new address the programs that I wrote for address 3_5 never made it the new EB8 14_5. My Fug LED is now following the correct program, need to watch my heater for a bit to be really sure. I would like to give a shout out to Wall_Tank from the "Ohio Reef Club" we are both members, he kept shooting new ideas to me and it seems that my APEX is back online for now.

Many thanks

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 114 81.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%
Back