Apex ATK over long distance

Steve Hedges

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up a new tank and my mixing station is 40 ft away on the same level.

For ATO, I was thinking to use the neptune ATK module. I understand the DC24 extension cable can be used when the pump is far away from the FFM module at the sump.

I also read, instead of the DC24 cable you can run the Apex USB cable from the sump FFM module to a second remote FFM module at the mixing station. And the ATK pump would plug into the remote FFM module at its 24v port.

Has anyone set up their ATK using the remote FFM option? Thanks!!!

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Alternatively, you could use a solenoid instead of the pmup. It's the solution I ended up going with after racking my brain for a bit trying to figure out how to get water to my tank from my mixing station 50 feet away. my RODI pumps water all the way to a 10-gallon reservoir under my stand. from there an ATK pumps the water into my sump. I have a float valve in case the solenoid remains open due to an error, so the 10-gallon never overflows. I also fill it up to an inch below the float valve, so it's not constantly under pressure.

I use a Liquid Level sensor so that it fills up when it's at 2", up to the height I want it to. I used to rely entirely on the float valve to always keep the reservoir topped off, but I realized that the TDS would slowly creep because my RODI was pumping out little bits of water at a time, it was also wearing down the booster pump since it was constantly turning on and off. After installing a solenoid and an LLS it fills the entire thing in 1 go with minimal TDS

an option for you could be using a small recirculating pump in the mixing station RODI side Like an mp10, or even use the Pmup that comes with the ATK kit that will push water all the way to your tank. Neptune sells 24v adapters so you can connect the Pmup directly to a wall outlet. add a T and a small valve half open for the Pmup to relieve pressure when your tank isn't ready to receive water. then use the solenoid to decide when to let water in and have it controlled like the PMUP would, with the high and low sensors of the ATK.

Firstreef20

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alternatively, you could use a solenoid instead of the pmup. It's the solution I ended up going with after racking my brain for a bit trying to figure out how to get water to my tank from my mixing station 50 feet away. my RODI pumps water all the way to a 10-gallon reservoir under my stand. from there an ATK pumps the water into my sump. I have a float valve in case the solenoid remains open due to an error, so the 10-gallon never overflows. I also fill it up to an inch below the float valve, so it's not constantly under pressure.

I use a Liquid Level sensor so that it fills up when it's at 2", up to the height I want it to. I used to rely entirely on the float valve to always keep the reservoir topped off, but I realized that the TDS would slowly creep because my RODI was pumping out little bits of water at a time, it was also wearing down the booster pump since it was constantly turning on and off. After installing a solenoid and an LLS it fills the entire thing in 1 go with minimal TDS

an option for you could be using a small recirculating pump in the mixing station RODI side Like an mp10, or even use the Pmup that comes with the ATK kit that will push water all the way to your tank. Neptune sells 24v adapters so you can connect the Pmup directly to a wall outlet. add a T and a small valve half open for the Pmup to relieve pressure when your tank isn't ready to receive water. then use the solenoid to decide when to let water in and have it controlled like the PMUP would, with the high and low sensors of the ATK.
Do you ming showing your code used for your set up? I, myself, also have a 15 gallon reservoir with 2 optical level switches, LoRes, HiRes, and I have a solenoid valve where I have it turn on when LoRes is open and OFF when HiRes is closed but I noticed that it doesn't actuate all the time. So maybe I am doing something wrong.

Back