Apex ATK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LPS_Lover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my ATK optical sensor will not go from open to close. I have tired a different sensor still will not change. I have uninstalled the module and re unistalled still shows swx5_2 closed. Can you completly clear the fmm? I have tired the task in stall. Module and sensors are about 1.5 months old. Any help on how to fix would be great.

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my ATK optical sensor will not go from open to close. I have tired a different sensor still will not change. I have uninstalled the module and re unistalled still shows swx5_2 closed. Can you completly clear the fmm? I have tired the task in stall. Module and sensors are about 1.5 months old. Any help on how to fix would be great.
My sensors were dirty and I kept getting errors... Don't know if that helps at all..

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there is something that can reflect the uv light back into it can cause problems. My PS was doing it, white base.

Jamie7907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the module or the apex needs updated these have been known to quit functioning as well. Update it if needed and it should work.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is Swx5_1 showing? Could you have the 2 plugged in to the wrong ports?

OP
OP
L

LPS_Lover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tired and bought a new sensor as well. The *** still shows swx5_2 closed. I have deleted the module. Redone the task...cannot get the sensor to go to open. I have had the atk for about a month. When the sensor stuck closed sump ran dry. I'm glad I had a float switch on my pump or it would have burn my return pump up. I have a feeling It's the cnn that has went bad. It just sucks it was working fine and then it just stopped. Has any one else had this problem?

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you reversed the sensors to see if it's the sensor or tried a different port on your FMM module?

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure they are plugged in right. It takes a little effort for the last couple of mm.
Hey Terence.

Can the atk be coded to run an ATO resovoir?

Id have the default on, have the lowest sensor turn off solenoid, have the second sensor trigger an alarm on my control pad and then of course, float switch back up.

Completely different than running it between the two sensors as an on/off.

I just bought one hoping to do this but haven't even opened it yet.

Suggestion: Offer a version without a pmup and throw in a solenoid and market it as ATO controller...lol.

If you take my idea i expect a free 2016 (i already own every other but of gear now except a DO kit).

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back