Apex ATO going crazy?

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was your post #3 in this thread, where you linked to someone else with a similar problem. I wasn't saying you posted the actual code, I was saying you linked to a post of someone else posting "If ATO_Hi CLOSED Then ON":
Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 8.48.12 PM.png
Thank you.
You can see in the attachment that the first post from that link clearly shows that as the alarm log and is not mentioned anywhere else in the post.

When you post things like:
"What Sean posted above, "If ATO_Hi CLOSED Then ON", is the alarm code from the EmailAlm output:"

It suggests that I posted that code as part of the solution and is at a minimum taken out of context.

In the same post I suggest that the OP reference your guide.

You do great work hear and other places. I reference you and your work often.

I am trying to help too.

Quote Reply
Screenshot_20220222-235551_Chrome Beta.jpg

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.
You can see in the attachment that the first post from that link clearly shows that as the alarm log and is not mentioned anywhere else in the post.

When you post things like:
"What Sean posted above, "If ATO_Hi CLOSED Then ON", is the alarm code from the EmailAlm output:"

It suggests that I posted that code as part of the solution and is at a minimum taken out of context.

In the same post I suggest that the OP reference your guide.

You do great work hear and other places. I reference you and your work often.

I am trying to help too.

Quote Reply
Screenshot_20220222-235551_Chrome Beta.jpg
Look, I'm sorry if my wording did not spell out exactly that you didn't post that code. When dealing with the OP on this issue, and filtering through his replies to other people's posts, I clicked the link you posted and rather than taking me to the thread you referenced, it took me to the most recent threads that person was active in:
Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 9.10.23 PM.png

I was just trying to explain to the OP that "If ATO_HI CLOSED Then ON" in alarm code was different than "IF ATO_HI CLOSED Then OFF" in the ATK code because I thought the OP interpreted that as saying the optical sensor was turning the pump ON instead of OFF. I never intended to say you wrote that code.

Keep in mind, I'm juggling about 12 different troubleshooting sessions right now between R2R, Facebook, Neptune Community Forums, and my local aquarium club forum. I do this as a charitable contribution to the community, and I'm not compensated in any way for my efforts. I'm just a retired IT guy who happens to like helping reefers with Apex problems, and I may not always get every post 100% accurate when multiple people are chiming in with their suggestions. Yours linked incorrectly and I didn't get exactly what you were pointing the OP to. Sorry if you thought I was accusing you of something wrong.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look, I'm sorry if my wording did not spell out exactly that you didn't post that code. When dealing with the OP on this issue, and filtering through his replies to other people's posts, I clicked the link you posted and rather than taking me to the thread you referenced, it took me to the most recent threads that person was active in:
Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 9.10.23 PM.png

I was just trying to explain to the OP that "If ATO_HI CLOSED Then ON" in alarm code was different than "IF ATO_HI CLOSED Then OFF" in the ATK code because I thought the OP interpreted that as saying the optical sensor was turning the pump ON instead of OFF. I never intended to say you wrote that code.

Keep in mind, I'm juggling about 12 different troubleshooting sessions right now between R2R, Facebook, Neptune Community Forums, and my local aquarium club forum. I do this as a charitable contribution to the community, and I'm not compensated in any way for my efforts. I'm just a retired IT guy who happens to like helping reefers with Apex problems, and I may not always get every post 100% accurate when multiple people are chiming in with their suggestions. Yours linked incorrectly and I didn't get exactly what you were pointing the OP to. Sorry if you thought I was accusing you of something wrong.
I appreciate you and your time and what you contribute to the hobby.
If you were someone else I would not have been so assertive I suppose.
Your name carries a lot of weight. So people take what you say seriously.
I wanted to be clear. That is all.
I do appreciate your commitment.
My first link was bad, it was intended for the post not the OP, and I am not working with nearly the load that you are.
Thank you.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back