image.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 26

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I can tell you is that it’s not siphoning when I pull it out at all so I would assume the pmup is running. No clue how I would check to see how long or when I had been running.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep post 17 sorry. So your pmup is powered from your eb832 not a FMM? Is the light on for the outlet a or b on the eb832?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I can tell you is that it’s not siphoning when I pull it out at all so I would assume the pmup is running. No clue how I would check to see how long or when I had been running.
I'd highly recommend you do the following test:

1. Move your ATO_PMUP dashboard slider to OFF
2. Move the ATK's whole magnetic bracket with the sensors and float valve to the bottom of an empty bucket.
3. Edit the ATO_PMUP code to remove the When, Defer and Min Time delays:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATO_Lo OPEN Then ON
If ATO_HI CLOSED Then OFF
If RES_LO OPEN Then OFF

4. Open the Apex.local dashboard so you can monitor the test in real-time without the 30-60 second lag on the Fusion dashboard. Make sure the ATO_PMUP, ATO_Lo, and ATO_HI tiles are on the Local dashboard.

5. With the ATK sensors in the empty bucket, move the dashboard slider back to AUTO. The PMUP should begin filling immediately because both sensors should report OPEN.

6. Watch to see if the PMUP stops after the lower sensor reports CLOSED when it's wet. This is what it should do if working properly.

7. If the PMUP continues to run while filling past the level of the lower sensor, check if the dashboard still shows the low sensor reporting OPEN. If it does, then the sensor is either faulty, or not fully seated into the FMM's socket.

8. Continue to watch if the PMUP continues to fill past the upper sensor, and what the ATO_HI tile reports on the dashboard. It should report CLOSED the moment the water reaches the sensor. If it doesn't, then again the sensor is bad or not fully seated.

9. If everything works as expected, then move the bracket back to your sump and add the Defer and Min Time delays back as they were originally:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATO_Lo OPEN Then ON
If RES_LO OPEN Then OFF
When On > 005:00 Then OFF
Defer 000:10 Then ON
Defer 000:04 Then OFF
Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd highly recommend you do the following test:

1. Move your ATO_PMUP dashboard slider to OFF
2. Move the ATK's whole magnetic bracket with the sensors and float valve to the bottom of an empty bucket.
3. Edit the ATO_PMUP code to remove the When, Defer and Min Time delays:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATO_Lo OPEN Then ON
If RES_LO OPEN Then OFF

4. Open the Apex.local dashboard so you can monitor the test in real-time without the 30-60 second lag on the Fusion dashboard. Make sure the ATO_PMUP, ATO_Lo, and ATO_HI tiles are on the Local dashboard.

5. With the ATK sensors in the empty bucket, move the dashboard slider back to AUTO. The PMUP should begin filling immediately because both sensors should report OPEN.

6. Watch to see if the PMUP stops after the lower sensor reports CLOSED when it's wet. This is what it should do if working properly.

7. If the PMUP continues to run while filling past the level of the lower sensor, check if the dashboard still shows the low sensor reporting OPEN. If it does, then the sensor is either faulty, or not fully seated into the FMM's socket.

8. Continue to watch if the PMUP continues to fill past the upper sensor, and what the ATO_HI tile reports on the dashboard. It should report CLOSED the moment the water reaches the sensor. If it doesn't, then again the sensor is bad or not fully seated.

9. If everything works as expected, then move the bracket back to your sump and add the Defer and Min Time delays back as they were originally:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATO_Lo OPEN Then ON
If RES_LO OPEN Then OFF
I truelly don’t understand why I’m constantly doing these sorts of things with a system that’s less than 6 months old. I have replaced the EB832 and pmup twice. It’s always something with this system. What’s the point of automation if I have to constantly do tests because it’s not automated? I have GHL but n my other tank and not once have I had an issue “once I got it setup”.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a picture of it running to show it was fine. This is literally just a new thing. It never did this before Neptune checked my EB832 to verify it was shot.
I truelly don’t understand why I’m constantly doing these sorts of things with a system that’s less than 6 months old. I have replaced the EB832 and pmup twice. It’s always something with this system. What’s the point of automation if I have to constantly do tests because it’s not automated? I have GHL but n my other tank and not once have I had an issue once I got it setup.
Take that up with Neptune Support. If you'd like me to try to help you like I have with hundreds of other people, then let me know. Otherwise, I'll just go about my evening.

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take that up with Neptune Support. If you'd like me to try to help you like I have with hundreds of other people, then let me know. Otherwise, I'll just go about my evening.
I appreciate your help. Just frustrated that I have thousands into this Neptune system that’s supposed to be automated and I have spent more time not enjoying my tank then the latter once I put this system on.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before going any further, I need to know if your PMUP is plugged into the FMM with the optical sensors, or is it plugged into your EB832? You mentioned earlier about the EB832 being shot. I just need to know if we're actually troubleshooting the correct output programming.

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before going any further, I need to know if your PMUP is plugged into the FMM with the optical sensors, or is it plugged into your EB832? You mentioned earlier about the EB832 being shot. I just need to know if we're actually troubleshooting the correct output programming.
I have a brand new EB832 under warranty.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a brand new EB832 under warranty.
Again, you didn't answer my question. I'm asking if the power cable coming directly out of the PMUP is connected to the EB832, or is it plugged into the FMM module where the 2 optical sensors are connected?

The PMUP has a 2-pin connector. Is it plugged into the 2-pin socket on the side of the EB832 where it shows 24VDC on this photo?
1645589904442.png

Or is it plugged into the 2-pin ACC port shown here on the FMM?
1645589948380.png

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, you didn't answer my question. I'm asking if the power cable coming directly out of the PMUP is connected to the EB832, or is it plugged into the FMM module where the 2 optical sensors are connected?

The PMUP has a 2-pin connector. Is it plugged into the 2-pin socket on the side of the EB832 where it shows 24VDC on this photo?
1645589904442.png

Or is it plugged into the 2-pin ACC port shown here on the FMM?
1645589948380.png
It’s connected to the FMM

Attachments

• 3EB997E4-D841-420E-937C-CAA81704BD98.png
    3EB997E4-D841-420E-937C-CAA81704BD98.png
    295 KB · Views: 26

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s connected to the FMM
OK, good. I just wanted to rule out the possibility that we're troubleshooting one output when it could be controlled by a completely different output.

I still think it will be important to run a test of the ATO sensors as I detailed above. Because the Fusion dashboard has a 30-60 second delay when showing the sensor Open or Closed status, it's best to observe them from the Apex Local dashboard where there's no delay in status updates. If the sensors don't react to the water level properly, that's a big problem. Let me know if you need help opening the Apex Local dashboard.

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, good. I just wanted to rule out the possibility that we're troubleshooting one output when it could be controlled by a completely different output.

I still think it will be important to run a test of the ATO sensors as I detailed above. Because the Fusion dashboard has a 30-60 second delay when showing the sensor Open or Closed status, it's best to observe them from the Apex Local dashboard where there's no delay in status updates. If the sensors don't react to the water level properly, that's a big problem. Let me know if you need help opening the Apex Local dashboard.
I did what you said above and as soon as it hit the first sensor it shut off instantly. I know how to get on the local. I have spent hours running up and down the stairs on the phone with Neptune.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What Sean posted above, "If ATO_Hi CLOSED Then ON", is the alarm code from the EmailAlm output:

[EmailAlm]
Set OFF
If ATK_Hi CLOSED Then ON

That is totally different than the program code on the PMUP's output that controls the pump:

[ATK_PMUP]
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATK_LO OPEN Then ON
If ATK_HI CLOSED Then OFF

The EmailAlm code is told to turn the alarm ON if the upper sensor is wet.

The ATK's PMUP code tells the pump to turn OFF if the upper sensor is wet, which is a failsafe if the ATK_Lo sensor fails to detect the water level.

Where did I post this?

\

In post #3 above in this thread, where you linked to someone else having a similar issue:

Apparently my link is bad and only goes to the OP, however I would ask you to review it. I did not post post that code.

Thread 'Alarm on this Apex is ON' https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/alarm-on-this-apex-is-on.894540/
I'll ask again @SuncrestReef
Where did I post this?

What Sean posted above, "If ATO_Hi CLOSED Then ON", is the alarm code from the EmailAlm output:

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll ask again @SuncrestReef
Where did I post this?

It was your post #3 in this thread, where you linked to someone else with a similar problem. I wasn't saying you posted the actual code, I was saying you linked to a post of someone else posting "If ATO_Hi CLOSED Then ON":
Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 8.48.12 PM.png

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back