Apex auto top off settings

aerialdronemaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

I am a little straggling with neptune auto top off
I did the wizard setting and it works . However the default settings cause the pomp virtual switch to go to off position from auto . So the pomp won't start by itself

I removed the timing that is created by wizard and keep it default (picture attached)
Will that work safely?

The
Set OFF (will not work for me ,it Is turning the virtual service off)
Aby advice

Screenshot_20220517-165001_APEX Fusion.jpg

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my coding for my ATO
Maybe this will help you
As far as time I wouldn’t turn that off since it’s a failsafe if
your pump stays on too long. I’m sure Suncrestreef will jump in. He’s the resident expert
Why do you have a virtual outlet for the PMUP pump?

8EEA1730-CC8C-4D62-951F-CC09DB2460FF.png

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what you need to do.

First, lower your optical sensors so that only one is covered and verify that it shows CLOSED in the dashboard (be patient, it may take up to 1 min to see the value change). Then submerge the other one and see it change to CLOSED. If this fails for any reason, go through the setup task, check your connections. If successful, change the names to something meaningful no more than 6 characters such as ATOlow and ATOhig

Next, enter this code to verify initial function.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATOlow OPEN Then ON
If ATOhig CLOSED Then OFF

Move the ATO so that the low sensor is just barely out of the water. Once you see the pump kick on, time how long it takes to turn back off. Note this time for a later step.

Position your ATO where you want the final water level to be with the low sensor covered to the tip of the pyramid.

Allow the water level to fill enough to reach this point.

Remember the value you times earlier. This is where your first set of failsafes comes in. Take the larger of either 4 times that earlier time or 2 minutes. This will go in the When Statement below (example shows 2 minutes)

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATOlow OPEN Then ON
If ATOhig CLOSED Then OFF
Defer 000:30 Then ON
Defer 000:10 Then OFF
Min Time 060:00 Then OFF
When ON > 002:00 Then OFF

Add this line to your email alert to notify you if it runs longer than your maximum run time. Reset by making sure the ATO is functioning normally and then set back to AUTO.

If Error ATOoutletname Then ON

For additional failsafes and more background information, check out my guide here (note Neptune created the When Statement to make the manually resetting latch part of my guide easier when they released the ATK. That part is superceded by the When statement)

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 114 77.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back