APEX AWC with two Pumps

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to write code for an automatic water change. It is working currently as I have two outlets programmed to work based on time. What I would like to do is set up the outlets so the work off each other and water changes can be completed using a feed cycle or virtual outlet.
Right now I can not manually trigger the event to occur as it is based off time and I have to wait for the preset times for the water changes to occur.

I have one pump on one outlet (PumpDrain), that pumps water out daily, based on a timer, and a float switch. When the preset time comes on the outlet turns the pump on until a low limit switch is trigger which shuts the pump off. Then the timer turns the outlet off after a few minutes. Then after a few more minutes, one pump (PumpFill) turns on and pumps fresh salt water into the sump until it reaches the normal operation switch. Then after a few minutes it turns off.

I would like to make a task that does the same thing but doesn’t work off time. Basically, when PumpDrain turns off from draining the sump, the act of PumpDrain turning off triggers PumpFill to turn on. Once PumpFill reaches normal operating level, it turns the outlets off until the next scheduled water change or I manually trigger the task to occur.

I have never worked with tasks or anything like that. Everything I have done so far has been through advanced code at each outlet. Would this be better suited for a virtual outlet or task?

OP
OP
B

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would this do it with Virtual outlets? I can trigger AWC1time virtual outlet in fusion for the 1 time water change, and i can leave AWCSched in auto to handle the scheduled water changes.

Sw1 is open at normal operating height
Sw2 is high limit switch and is open at operating height
Sw6 is low limit switch and is closed at operating height.

AWCEvent (Virtual Outlet)
Fallback off
Set off
If Output AWC1time on then on
If Output AWCSched on then on
If Output PumpFill off > 005:00 then off

AWC1time (Virtual Outlet)
Fallback off
Set on
When Output PumpFill off > 005:00 then off

AWCSched (Virtual Outlet)
Fallback off
Set off
If time 00:06 then on
If time 12:06 then on
If output PumpFill OFF > 005:00 then OFF

PumpDrain (Outlet)
Fallback off
Set off
If output AWCEvent on then on
If output AWCEvent Off then OFF
If sw6 open then off

PumpFill (Outlet)
Fallback off
Set off
If Output AWCEvent on then on
If Output PumpDrain on then off
If Output AWCEvent off then off
If sw1 open then off
If sw2 closed the off

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back