0   0   0
firmup4.jpg

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I've put two and two together, wondering why one of the tanks has been having what sounded like a siphon occurring on the secondary drain, in reality it's been the classic rebooting and the return shutting off/on (in diff room, caught it this morning).

So now this is the second time this year that the once near bulletproof classic has been turned into something you randomly can't entirely trust. I'd say congrats Neptune, but we all know stuff like this is never Neptune's fault.

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I've put two and two together, wondering why one of the tanks has been having what sounded like a siphon occurring on the secondary drain, in reality it's been the classic rebooting and the return shutting off/on (in diff room, caught it this morning).

So now this is the second time this year that the once near bulletproof classic has been turned into something you randomly can't entirely trust. I'd say congrats Neptune, but we all know stuff like this is never Neptune's fault.

Yeah thats how i could audibly tell mine was restarting. it started about 3 months ago, but has progressively gotten more frequent. it defintely sucks. im trying to install this firmware again once more before i go unplugging stuff and putting in my APC surge protectors, and go on bulk reef and get a milwakee ph monitor for the CaRx... sucks cuz ive only had the pm1 for a couple months. my credit cards gonna love me this month.. specially when i just got this new MSI gaming laptop last weekend... lol gotta love it. When it rains it pours.

hopefully you get your situated bud, its defintatly an unnerving feeling..

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it now looks to be trying to communicate twice to the unit... the code reads as follows on the firmware detail window... i

"Sent block: 72 of 120 successful.
Sent block: 72 of 120 successful.
Sending block: 73 of 120
Error sending firmware block, retrying
Cannot communicate with Apex
Cannot communicate with Apex"

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it does this process like 5 times before it will successfully send one "block" of data to the Apex... before it would just say error sending and cannot communicate only once per line, now it is doubled. maybe im doubly screwed now? lol im trying to keep some humor about this whole ordeal, as my weekend plans have just now shifted focus.

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if this doesnt work, i will attempt to restart my router and try accessing it again. Maybe the router is having some sort of issue talking to the apex? anythings possible i suppose

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How are you connecting your apex to your router? Its an Apex Classic - correct?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Correct, its plugged in via an ethernet cable from the aquacontroller to my wireless router.

Just to make sure - its attached via ethernet cable directly to where the signal comes into the house? (i.e. a cable modem?). Only asking because - thats the only way it would work for me - it didnt work when connected to a router that is then connected to my cable modem

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is the same end result on the second attempt to install the firmware...

Sent block: 120 of 120 successful.
Starting Apex
Starting Apex

Operation failed with the following error information:

Waiting for input from Apex, timed out

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just hit the reset on the back of the modem to reboot the internet connection. and now its saying this as i try and install firmware on it...

Sent block: 13 of 120 successful.
Sending block: 14 of 120
Resending corrupted data, block: 75528
Preparation of FLASH Sector 9 Failed
Error preparing flash, retrying
Sent block: 14 of 120 successful.
Sending block: 15 of 120

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
this is the same end result on the second attempt to install the firmware...

Starting Apex
Starting Apex

Did you update the webpages and the firmware? Did you run the diagnostic apex app (or did you update from Fusion?)? Is your Apex always connected to your DSL modem - or another way? Lastly - did you set a constant IP address or are you using DHCP - if so there could be a conflict with the IP address if you restarted your modem.

Also - did you try restarting your modem - waiting until it came on - and then restarting the apex?

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you update the webpages and the firmware? Did you run the diagnostic apex app (or did you update from Fusion?)? Is your Apex always connected to your DSL modem - or another way? Lastly - did you set a constant IP address or are you using DHCP - if so there could be a conflict with the IP address if you restarted your modem.

Also - did you try restarting your modem - waiting until it came on - and then restarting the apex?

I tried the webpages as well, after the first attempt at installing the firmware. but it wouldnt do that either. I acessed my apex via its IP and then made sure it was the right one when i added it to the query on the firmware. The DHCP was on when i first initiated the firmware, and i cant get back on the display unit to see, its been locked out since ive started this process.. I just restarted the modem, so thats where is stand currently. im running the process again, and its creeping along slowly like it has previously. Wouldnt it stop all together if it wasnt the right IP address? like why is it succussfully sending it, after some failed attempts. why keep going?

the status lights are all blinking on the aquaconroller, both eb8's, and my pm1. Everything except my light outlets, and Carbon Doser outlet are working. return. reactors pump, etc. thats baffling to me as well. I have the lights plugged into another outlet via and extention cord. so everything is okay for the moment, thankfully. I just dont want it to stop responding all together.

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havnt restated the apex per say, ive unplugged the power supply to the aquacontroller unit, but the display unit isnt on for me to actually go in net set up and restart it in that aspect.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I tried the webpages as well, after the first attempt at installing the firmware. but it wouldnt do that either. I acessed my apex via its IP and then made sure it was the right one when i added it to the query on the firmware. The DHCP was on when i first initiated the firmware, and i cant get back on the display unit to see, its been locked out since ive started this process.. I just restarted the modem, so thats where is stand currently. im running the process again, and its creeping along slowly like it has previously. Wouldnt it stop all together if it wasnt the right IP address? like why is it succussfully sending it, after some failed attempts. why keep going?

the status lights are all blinking on the aquaconroller, both eb8's, and my pm1. Everything except my light outlets, and Carbon Doser outlet are working. return. reactors pump, etc. thats baffling to me as well. I have the lights plugged into another outlet via and extention cord. so everything is okay for the moment, thankfully. I just dont want it to stop responding all together.

I think it depends on your 'fallback' settings - which one stays on. There are many more people here more knowledgeable about apex than I. @RussM

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it depends on your 'fallback' settings - which one stays on. There are many more people here more knowledgeable about apex than I. @RussM
I gotcha, that does make since then. Im pretty sure that the lights were set to fallback off, or the outlets persay they were plugged into. Im not sure on the logic i had on that one, i guess cuz im in florida, i didnt want the lights to overheat my tank? idk theyre Radions now so i guess i coulda switched it lol . user error there. lol Thanks for your help man. I appreciate your time.

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just took some precautionary measures and bought a milwakee ph controller to power the calcium reactor as its own entity so to speak. Seperate from the apex. just trying to cover my bases here. just incase this issue isnt resolved quickly. my tank will not notice the technical difficulties it is experincing. hopefully. and whats another 130 bux on my credit card right? lol totally joking kids be responsible with your credit purchases. Luckily i had a card upped about a grand a few moths ago for me being dilligent with my payements and such. So with this new laptop i type to you from, and this ph controller, my usage percentage is about the same as it was prior to it being raised, haha. the circle of life.

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the results of the last try for the update...

Starting Apex

Waiting for input from Apex, timed out...

not sure where to go from here now. All the outlets are still functioning but the apex display remains blank. illuminated, yet blank. Im going to take a second to just relax and eat some dinner, then just think of anything else i can possibly do right now. Im 98% ready to take it offline, and try and work on "off" my tank. And just have the tank running on APC's and go back to unplugging cords manually for water changes and such lol.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back