Apex Classic - ORP Reading High After pH Probe Install

a6walter1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upload_2017-12-4_12-11-44.png

As you can see on the above graph, the ORP is the orange/goldish graph, while the pH is the reddish orange graph. I had the ORP connected to the Apex base unit for a while before my pH probe came in the mail and it was reading a reasonable number (300ish). As you can see, last night at 10pm or so I installed/calibrated my new pH probe, and immediately the ORP was reading incredibly high.

Thoughts??

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is close. To make sure it is probe to probe interference put some tank water in a cup and place one probe in the cup to isolate them. If both read correctly then the next thing would be to try and put more distance between the probes. If you still have an issue I would contact Neptune Systems. There may be an issue with one of the probes are the module they are connected too. They may have other test for you to try to try and isolate what is causing the interference.

OP
OP
A

a6walter1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I took the orp probe out and put it in a cup of tank water. The reading immediately fell, but continued to fall well below 100, so I'm almost thinking it is something wrong with the probe itself.

OP
OP
A

a6walter1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I took the orp probe out and put it in a cup of tank water. The reading immediately began to drop, but it kept dropping to well below 100. So I'm thinking the probe may be bad and maybe it was a coincidence that it started behaving strangely when I plugged in the pH probe.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might try doing the same to the pH and put the ORP back in the tank and see if the ORP still reads that low.

OP
OP
A

a6walter1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After plugging and unplugging a few times they both seem to be functional now... Maybe it was just a bad connection on one of them.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back