• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Apex controller system $675

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sale is an apex controller system with extras! It comes with the base unit , 2 energy bars , FMM module, WXM module , temp probe, alk probe, orp probe, and a switch box that works as a breakout box! It’s an awesome value and is in good working order! Price includes shipping aqua bus cables are also included.

CFBE947D-A324-4826-A94B-96A5324CC9BF.jpeg 6DFE96AF-B7A7-45DB-8C05-F3EA904E4FC2.jpeg FDE46E3B-3271-4D6E-9929-C2C5ABB14E19.jpeg ACF907B4-D49C-4CD8-9C78-1B41B6C910FF.jpeg 50F3BEB6-D725-4376-811E-232C41EA619C.jpeg 0F80EA9F-F4EF-4317-8E1F-F7C42D428AD3.jpeg D4389B0F-C0FF-4EAE-992A-8B854EDA6345.jpeg 50084F1D-C139-4850-B58D-3808FC7E5718.jpeg 3B0C8BEE-374C-4D91-9975-64FB24930375.jpeg 1AF6AC06-52E0-4912-943C-A9B91E74FF0E.jpeg 5F1095B3-588E-4F4E-8657-DDDF343F77E8.jpeg

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a sweet deal! Don't even need it but I had to resist sending a pm. Lol.

GoingBroke88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, just trying to get an update here. We were exchanging PMs last night, then you gave me a PayPal address which didn't seem to be able to receive payment. You then asked if I would send to your business PayPal, which I replied quickly to and said Yes. Still waiting for that address. Thanks.

GoingBroke88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in it too, and in fact this should be sold. I have a series of PMs from the seller last night confirming that and was asked to send payment to a PayPal address, which then came back as locked by PayPal. I was then asked if I could send to a business PayPal, which I agreed to do. But the address hasn't been provided to me and now I'm not getting any replies.

GoingBroke88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I've been patient and reasonable here. You asked me to send payment to PayPal. I tried to do so. Your account was blocked. You then asked if I would send to business PayPal. I responded nearly instantly yes, that would be fine. I've tried to contact you multiple times since then. You're clearly logging on and checking messages, yet ghosting me. What's the deal?

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I've been patient and reasonable here. You asked me to send payment to PayPal. I tried to do so. Your account was blocked. You then asked if I would send to business PayPal. I responded nearly instantly yes, that would be fine. I've tried to contact you multiple times since then. You're clearly logging on and checking messages, yet ghosting me. What's the deal?
If his PayPal is blocked, it’s to good to be true.

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If his PayPal is blocked, it’s to good to be true.

I was gonna say the same thing. I did not msg because that exact thought went through my head so I simply left a comment. I could have been first since I saw it posted the very minute it went up. That much gear for 675 is not real. Meaning it was either mispriced or whatever shenanigans going on. A blocked PayPal account is plain odd.

Let it go. Not worth the trouble

GoingBroke88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps. But I figured it was a long-standing member who's sold stuff on R2R before. Besides, there are plenty of times when people sell things cheap when they're shutting down a tank, getting out, or scrapping a new project. Sometimes people just don't want the hassle of selling it piece by piece.

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well scolding the guy is definitely not a great way to have an awesome deal. I can picture someone here offering 800 and so on and so on.

I would not touch this deal after such behavior and oddity. Alarm bells galore.

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gonna say the same thing. I did not msg because that exact thought went through my head so I simply left a comment. I could have been first since I saw it posted the very minute it went up. That much gear for 675 is not real. Meaning it was either mispriced or whatever shenanigans going on. A blocked PayPal account is plain odd.

Let it go. Not worth the trouble
You’re 100% correct on this! PayPal locks accounts when either fraud or miss use happens. So I wonder how many complained on this individual.

Perhaps. But I figured it was a long-standing member who's sold stuff on R2R before. Besides, there are plenty of times when people sell things cheap when they're shutting down a tank, getting out, or scrapping a new project. Sometimes people just don't want the hassle of selling it piece by piece.
You’re also right! Usually the long term members don’t mess with people but it’s 2020, these are new times.
Just the other day a old member that’s been here for many years asked for someone to send Venmo. Hard to trust anyone any more!

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well scolding the guy is definitely not a great way to have an awesome deal. I can picture someone here offering 800 and so on and so on.

I would not touch this deal after such behavior and oddity. Alarm bells galore.
Also correct on this, hopefully this guy is just going through a personal issue and will have it fixed. Hopefully....

GoingBroke88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not scolding him to get an awesome deal. I'm calling him out for the shady behavior. Big difference... If he wants to make it right or has a valid explanation, he can step up. If he chooses not to, then the community knows. It's what I would hope anyone on here would do. Not posting means that someone else gets burned.

GoingBroke88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Notice how many people still posted interest after I reported the initial issue. And surely others sent PM even if they didn't post. So if I don't spell out what's going on, it increases the risk that someone else gets burned. Again, behavior should be called out.

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not scolding him to get an awesome deal. I'm calling him out for the shady behavior. Big difference... If he wants to make it right or has a valid explanation, he can step up. If he chooses not to, then the community knows. It's what I would hope anyone on here would do. Not posting means that someone else gets burned.
Very very good point, let’s have the #MODS involved before someone happens. Step in before anything goes south while we had the chance.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy was also selling some Radion G4s at a good price and then disappeared again.

Word of warning to people who are eagerly trying to snatch up fantastic deals. There are a crap load of people who have not paid their mortgage/Car Payments/Credit Cards etc in the last 3 months.
A whole lot of people are going to be doing things they never would have done before just so they can survive and most of that does not involve selling what they have for 1/3 the price. It's typically something that is designed to make a show piece generate a lot of cash from multiple sources. So be cautious because PayPal will only bail you out so many times before they also dump you as a customer.

On a side note, in July I had to give two friends $500 a piece. They came to me weeks apart asking for a loan and I said I don't lend money as that kills friendships. So I just gave them what I could afford to.
A year ago these guys would never have even of thought about asking for a handout, so I know how bad things must be for them.

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back