OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OHH, and if you are anything like me, I like to look at readings in the way that I am used to. In the Apex Fusion you have to look at the salinity in ppm, while in the GHL Control panel you can convert that to Specific Gravity, which is what most of us are used to, aka refractometer. I have to give GHL a .5 for this small luxury.

Apex 1 GHL 2

Screenshot (88).png

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also ordered my cabinet to pack all this beautiful GHL gear in. I will have to modify it to accommodate the GHL gear in the way I see my vision, but it will look sexy...LOL!!! :cool:

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just hooked up the Doser, that will be attached to the KH and I am currently updating the Firmware. I will them convert it to a slave doser so it will not interfere with the P4 Wifi. After that I will hook up the KH.

I also have ordered several other items. I still need to get paid to get what I have in my GHL USA cart purchased, LOL!!!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I did notice, If you receive GHL products from GHL then the firmware is almost current. If you get it from somewhere else then it is old and you have to do a massive upgrade. Something to think about. I also noticed that the cost of shipping from GHL is far better than the points you get from vendors when you include tax. Something to think about. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After looking at the GHL KH Director and getting feedback from a local reefer, I'm going to stick with apex but will end up ordering an Alkatronic and Dosetronic. I'll still follow along to see how it goes.

Understandable, I will not try to convince you one way or the other. My only advice will be, are they telling you the truth out of honesty, or out of simply trying to make a buck. If you say they are honest and feel they are telling you the truth, then I will support your decision to the fullest. We all have to make decisions based on the facts we have in hand. I truly hope it works out for you. As we are ALL reefers, that's all I can hope for. :)

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I did notice, If you receive GHL products from GHL then the firmware is almost current. If you get it from somewhere else then it is old and you have to do a massive upgrade. Something to think about. I also noticed that the cost of shipping form GHL is far better than the points you get from vendors when you include tax. Something to think about. ;)
Which retailers did you order your GHL parts from and how much did you pay in shipping? o_O

I thought most retailers offer free shipping.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which retailers did you order your GHL parts from and how much did you pay in shipping? o_O

I thought most retailers offer free shipping.
Most retailers do, but that's the catch. I will not name retailers, as its really not fair to them. but I found that when you order from GHL, as long as you order above $150, the free shipping FAR exceeds any points you get, plus tax.

GHL does not add tax currently.

I have order from GHL USA and one other.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really liking my two 2.1 dozers and my Maxi. The accuracy is great with these doses. I am like yourself and slowly switching over to GHL. My next step will be the proflux controller. I am really liking the lights also, and will be switching to the Marta lights.

I agree with most on the desktop interface. I was thinking today that it would be great if Neptune and GHL could work together. GHL on the hardware and Neptune on the software. Man that would be a winner:)

Great to see this thread and thank you for posting your journey.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really liking my two 2.1 dozers and my Maxi. The accuracy is great with these doses. I am like yourself and slowly switching over to GHL. My next step will be the proflux controller. I am really liking the lights also, and will be switching to the Marta lights.

I agree with most on the desktop interface. I was thinking today that it would be great if Neptune and GHL could work together. GHL on the hardware and Neptune on the software. Man that would be a winner:)

Great to see this thread and thank you for posting your journey.
As far as the interface, @Ditto said something to me that took a little bit to understand, but now I do. The interface no longer controls me, I control the interface, meaning, as great as the Apex interface was, it caused us reefers to constantly monitor it and tweak it. I am no longer a slave to the interface itself.

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most retailers do, but that's the catch. I will not name retailers, as its really not fair to them. but I found that when you order from GHL, as long as you order above $150, the free shipping FAR exceeds any points you get, plus tax.

GHL does not add tax currently.

I have order from GHL USA and one other.
Ohhhh
Was hoping to buy it locally at my LFS with a 15% off (hopefully they honor). And get it at 832 including tax.
Not sure if that’s a better or worse deal than what you had.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhhh
Was hoping to buy it locally at my LFS with a 15% off (hopefully they honor). And get it at 832 including tax.
Not sure if that’s a better or worse deal than what you had.
With a 15 percent off that probably will work out. ;)

I didn't have a deal, I just worked the system and found that using GHL USA straight up was the best option, as long as you purchase $150 plus to get the free shipping.

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a 15 percent off that probably will work out. ;)

I didn't have a deal, I just worked the system and found that using GHL USA straight up was the best option, as long as you purchase $150 plus to get the free shipping.
I’ll probably have to do a bunch of updates but probably with it in my case. So far loving the updates you’ve included.

do you plan to do full glass/acrylic doors in the stand instead of the divided glass pane look of the original so you have greater visibility of the controller?

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the interface, @Ditto said something to me that took a little bit to understand, but now I do. The interface no longer controls me, I control the interface, meaning, as great as the Apex interface was, it caused us reefers to constantly monitor it and tweak it. I am no longer a slave to the interface itself.
The one thing I like about Apex is that I can record my parameter and track them on Apex along with the difference testing parameter converters when inputting parameters.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll probably have to do a bunch of updates but probably with it in my case. So far loving the updates you’ve included.

do you plan to do full glass/acrylic doors in the stand instead of the divided glass pane look of the original so you have greater visibility of the controller?
LOL, you don't ask much, LOL!!! Not really sure yet, I ordered the stand and will have to modify it. I was originally going with a satin wood black finish, but after you mentioning the glass, I may have to look into that. ;)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one thing I like about Apex is that I can record my parameter and track them on Apex along with the difference testing parameter converters when inputting parameters.
You can log the GHL as well. GHL is always looking to get better, that I found out quickly.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, you don't ask much, LOL!!! Not really sure yet, I ordered the stand and will have to modify it. I was originally going with a satin wood black finish, but after you mentioning the glass, I may have to look into that. ;)
Well bring the cabinet down here ;) ;Hilarious;Hilarious

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black satin would be so sleek!

Cant wait to see the finished stand with the controllers stacked in there. :p

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can log the GHL as well. GHL is always looking to get better, that I found out quickly.
We’re are you seeing this please. That would be the seal the conversation for me, beside feed cycles.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’re are you seeing this please. That would be the seal the conversation for me, beside feed cycles.
I know you can turn on logging, but being new to GHL, I am now sure, maybe @Ditto can explain.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back