Apex display

Miker79

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
27
Reaction score
13
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to fix a display module, it lights up but does not show any data. I have checked all the capacitors, resistors and transistors they all look good. The wires from the usb are good. When I connect it to the apex it is not recognized. I don’t see any burnt or cracked components. Any thoughts on what else I should check? I’m afraid it might have shorted the controller chip. Is there a way to verify the cup is bad?
 
Here you go:


If you shorted the controller, it will likely heat up when connected via aquabus.
 
I pulled a transceiver off a parts head unit that I had and still no luck. There was no sign of damage to the transceiver but I thought I would give it a try. Could the atmel chip be fried?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new