Apex DOS DIY level switch?

Smotz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dumb question - but will this only connect to the DOS? Any way to connect to the WAV 1Link module? I don't have a DOS but do have a WAV and would like to monitor water level. (I also don't have any PMs for an I/O port).

OP
OP
CuseReefer

CuseReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dumb question - but will this only connect to the DOS? Any way to connect to the WAV 1Link module? I don't have a DOS but do have a WAV and would like to monitor water level. (I also don't have any PMs for an I/O port).

Nope neither of my solutions will work with the WAV. Do you have the Apex JR without an IO port?

Smotz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the reefangel on my DT and apex on my frag tank. One limitation I can speak of with the apex is lack of water level monitoring. Hopefully this will fix it. However I prefer a vendor supportable solution.

pandimus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep hearing this "apex limitation" but I am a bit confused about that statement. Are you speaking of something like the ATO?
He's talking about the water level expansion that the reef angel has..

Smotz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep hearing this "apex limitation" but I am a bit confused about that statement. Are you speaking of something like the ATO?

Apex does not have a water level monitor that will show me the percentage of water in a container (except for maybe the DOS).

The RA has a multi water level monitor that allows me to connect 4 sensors to it. It can tell you the water depth of my sump, overfill, ato container, etc. With that you can run routines from the percentages.
Example: if overfill > 95% then stop all pumps (layman's terms but this would indicate that something is preventing the water from draining in to the sump and the overfill chamber is rising)

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for responding. You can do all that using float switches right? CuseReefer is working on an optical solution which will be more reliable since the float switches tend to fail after so many years......

Apex does not have a water level monitor that will show me the percentage of water in a container (except for maybe the DOS).

The RA has a multi water level monitor that allows me to connect 4 sensors to it. It can tell you the water depth of my sump, overfill, ato container, etc. With that you can run routines from the percentages.
Example: if overfill > 95% then stop all pumps (layman's terms but this would indicate that something is preventing the water from draining in to the sump and the overfill chamber is rising)

Smotz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its actually not float switches or opticle. It's uses pressure.

Thanks for responding. You can do all that using float switches right? CuseReefer is working on an optical solution which will be more reliable since the float switches tend to fail after so many years......

pandimus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It uses a module with a tube attached that dips into the water and it can analyze the pressure in the tube and return a water level

OP
OP
CuseReefer

CuseReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I can no longer sell any of these solutions on R2R since I am not a vendor. My mistake for not understanding the TOC about this. Please refrain from contacting me about any adapters.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this via a conversation on a support forum and this is excellent info thank you CuseReefer and others. I am acquiring the connectors and such from digikey and will be trying to get this all hooked up. I have multiple DOS running off of 2.5G jugs and this will be super helpful to tracking it better. Thanks again and I will report any learnings back here for others who may try it as well.

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is legal to post the digikey part numbers? I don't think I'll layout a board for a simple one-off. Knowing the correct part numbers would be very helpful.

OP
OP
CuseReefer

CuseReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI My private messages have been disabled. If anyone has been trying to contact me for support.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back