Apex DoS tubing

HewFoE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone verify which tubing is used for the apex dos? I have read a few different sizes. Trying to buy a good bit of it and would rather not buy multiples of their overpriced version

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Neptune tubing is 6mm OD / 4mm ID. I have also used standard 1/4” RO/DI tubing from BRS or other vendors with no problems. If you use more rigid tubing, be sure to soak the end in near-boiling water to soften it right before you connect it to the DOS to get a secure fit. You can also replace the stock DOS connector with John Guest push-connect fittings.

OP
OP
HewFoE

HewFoE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I've seen people use standard ro/do but from what I understand the neptune size has a larger ID, which I want for my auto water changes

Thank you!

A quick search shows that this is apparently common tubing for pneumatic airlines.

U

User1

View Badges
The Neptune tubing is 6mm OD / 4mm ID. I have also used standard 1/4” RO/DI tubing from BRS or other vendors with no problems. If you use more rigid tubing, be sure to soak the end in near-boiling water to soften it right before you connect it to the DOS to get a secure fit. You can also replace the stock DOS connector with John Guest push-connect fittings.

The John Guest push connectors is such a brilliant tip. Just saying :D

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back