Apex DoS tubing

  • Thread starter Thread starter HewFoE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HewFoE

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2020
Messages
66
Reaction score
48
Location
VA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone verify which tubing is used for the apex dos? I have read a few different sizes. Trying to buy a good bit of it and would rather not buy multiples of their overpriced version
 
The Neptune tubing is 6mm OD / 4mm ID. I have also used standard 1/4” RO/DI tubing from BRS or other vendors with no problems. If you use more rigid tubing, be sure to soak the end in near-boiling water to soften it right before you connect it to the DOS to get a secure fit. You can also replace the stock DOS connector with John Guest push-connect fittings.
 
Ya I've seen people use standard ro/do but from what I understand the neptune size has a larger ID, which I want for my auto water changes

Thank you!

A quick search shows that this is apparently common tubing for pneumatic airlines.
 
The Neptune tubing is 6mm OD / 4mm ID. I have also used standard 1/4” RO/DI tubing from BRS or other vendors with no problems. If you use more rigid tubing, be sure to soak the end in near-boiling water to soften it right before you connect it to the DOS to get a secure fit. You can also replace the stock DOS connector with John Guest push-connect fittings.

The John Guest push connectors is such a brilliant tip. Just saying :D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new