Apex down Please Help!

AMReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers I need some help!

I have the apex 2016, everything was going great until my brother decided the internet was too slow for his call of duty and changed out the router! I did the wifi reset, pressed the reset button for 5-10 seconds until led turns into blue for WiFi mode, and then pulled up http://apex.local and all I get is the apex local home screen with no option for me to choose my WiFi network, I’ll post a picture of what I’m getting. I tried doing a factory reset multiple times(30,60,90,120 seconds) and every time it does the same thing, takes me to the apex local home screen! I’ve also typed in http://apex, http://apex.local/ http://172.16.0.1 and all I get is the apex local home screen. I’ve tried it on my iphone, windows laptop and MacBook.

I’m so frustrated I don’t know what to do, i put in a support ticket but I probably won’t hear back from them till sometime next week.

Has anyone had this same issue?

1DEC09C8-F61F-4944-8E5C-82B5CFD7A60B.png

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#apexusers any thoughts? I just had my wife setup a used 2016 apex. Had her reset the brain and follow the wifi setup. If you reset, connect to the new network and log back in I believe all your settings stay since its based on your account but I might be mistaken.

OP
OP
A

AMReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not worried about my old settings because I can redo all that but it won’t even connect to WiFi or even give me an option for a WiFi network to choose from

OP
OP
A

AMReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can not connect to fusion or even connect to apex.local

OP
OP
A

AMReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it’s enabled, and I’m using the netgear 2g WiFi extender for the apex. I was using that prior to him changing out the router

Dimmy007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its weird because you are connecting to the apex. It just is not giving you the correct screen. Hopefully it doesnt have anything to do with the update they just released.

Dimmy007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you plug in the apex hardwired and hit the reset button. Not hold just press and release what do the lights do?

Dimmy007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from a previous post if you haven't tried.

Here is the debug they gave me. You need to first remove the apex from your fusion.

"It sounds like Fusion says it is linked as this is a rare incident I have see it happen before. I would remove the Apex from Fusion and then within 5-10 minutes the Apex will be able to re-link to a Fusion account. Now re-link the Apex to your Fusion.

When you re-link the Apex you will need to re-add us to Fusion.

To remove the Apex from Fusion List Page Left click on the gear icon and choose Remove
attachment

Here is a different way to link your Apex to your Fusion account then the get started guide shows.

Log into the APEX.LOCAL Dashboard follow the steps below. (This ONLY works on a computer not mobile phones or tablets)

1) Download and use the BROWSER tools below in the email to find your APEX Network/IP Address.
attachment

Download the appropriate Apex Browse Utilities Tool. There is a Windows and MAC version.

Windows
https://www.neptunesystems.com/downloads/utility/ApexBrowse_pc.zip

Mac

https://www.neptunesystems.com/downloads/utility/ApexBrowse_mac.zip

2) Type the IP Address in your Web Browser while connected to the SAME internet as the APEX
Open the internet browser. Type in the IP Address into the internet browser.

attachment

3) Then log in. Default is admin and 1234
attachment

4) Look for the Apex Fusion tile and what does it say out of the three options?

attachment

If the Fusion tile shows OK then your Apex is already connected.
If the Fusion tile shows No Communication that tells us the Apex is linked to a Fusion account, but is having communication issues.
If the Fusion tile shows Generate a Link Token tells us the Apex is not link and is ready to give a link token.

5) To generate the Link Token click on the tile

attachment

attachment

6) Now this tile will show the token. Note the toke is only valid for 10 minutes and the it will change.

attachment

(the Token is case sensitive)

7) Sign in to your Fusion account

attachment

8) Now click on the LINK icon

attachment

9) Now enter the token from the Apex Local dashboard manually in Fusion
attachment

10) Now you have successfully linked your Apex to your Fusion account.
attachment

7) Now copy the token manually in Fusion

attachment

8) Now you have successfully linked your Apex to your Fusion account.

attachment

"

phatduckk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried it with private browsing mode or incognito on Chrome on your laptop? Depending on how they implemented the web app it’s possible that the main skeleton of the interface is cached and the rest is loaded dynamically. If that’s the case then in Incognito it shouldn’t load anything at all which would indicate that it’s unreachable vs reachable & broken.

Give that a shot so we have a bit better info to go on.

OP
OP
A

AMReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you plug in the apex hardwired and hit the reset button. Not hold just press and release what do the lights do?

when I press the reset button while hardwired the light turns orange but no internet connection on fusion or apex.local

from a previous post if you haven't tried.

I’ll try that when I get home, I was up until 3am trying to figure it out then up by 6am for work. I’ll be back home in the afternoon to try that.

Have you tried it with private browsing mode or incognito on Chrome on your laptop? Depending on how they implemented the web app it’s possible that the main skeleton of the interface is cached and the rest is loaded dynamically. If that’s the case then in Incognito it shouldn’t load anything at all which would indicate that it’s unreachable vs reachable & broken.

Give that a shot so we have a bit better info to go on.

no I haven’t tried it in private or incognito, l’ll try that when I get home

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the name of your new SSID?
Some devices have issues if the SSID uses a space or special characters and won’t be able to ‘see’ those networks. I had to rename my network from ‘Tate Network’ to ‘TateNetwork’ to work around this for one of my devices. The Apex could see it as it seems ok with spaces but if you have another special character it may throw it off.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back