Apex eb832 issue

scooter24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power went out then come back on, when It come back on my eb8 had no power to the outlets. The breaker on the back isn't tripped and I have power to the eb8. I can go into the app and manually turn on and off each outlet and the little lights will go on and off but there is no power to them. I did a factory reset and updated the eb8 like 5 times and nothing seems to work. After the reset I went on my computer and I saw that there is a red (!) On the eb8 tile but idk what it's for. Anyone have fixed this before or is this eb8 shot. Im guessing its shot and if thats the case ill probly try a different controller since every review i see about these are terrible.

OP
OP
scooter24

scooter24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

aznreef99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power went out then come back on, when It come back on my eb8 had no power to the outlets. The breaker on the back isn't tripped and I have power to the eb8. I can go into the app and manually turn on and off each outlet and the little lights will go on and off but there is no power to them. I did a factory reset and updated the eb8 like 5 times and nothing seems to work. After the reset I went on my computer and I saw that there is a red (!) On the eb8 tile but idk what it's for. Anyone have fixed this before or is this eb8 shot. Im guessing its shot and if thats the case ill probly try a different controller since every review i see about these are terrible.
I had 3 EB832 that are bad, same issue you are Having. I just bought new ones to replace them. Have not had the time to getting them fix. This seemingly common issue

OP
OP
scooter24

scooter24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 3 EB832 that are bad, same issue you are Having. I just bought new ones to replace them. Have not had the time to getting them fix. This seemingly common issue
I would follow the link that was posted in the comments. If you're a diy person this should be a simple job for you as long as it fixes it. I believe it will fix my issue and I cant wait for the part to get in.

Woodneers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DC Power supplies in my experience don’t like fluctuations in the incoming AC voltage. We change power supplies quite often at work and it is usually after the power shuts off unexpectedly. Luckily it’s an easy fix!

aznreef99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would follow the link that was posted in the comments. If you're a diy person this should be a simple job for you as long as it fixes it. I believe it will fix my issue and I cant wait for the part to get in.
I am glad that i still saved all 3 EB. I will play around with one soon. Am not that handy when it comes to things like this

OP
OP
scooter24

scooter24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DC Power supplies in my experience don’t like fluctuations in the incoming AC voltage. We change power supplies quite often at work and it is usually after the power shuts off unexpectedly. Luckily it’s an easy fix!
Im not an electrician or even like electronics is there a way to make a more stable incoming supply?

Woodneers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not an electrician or even like electronics is there a way to make a more stable incoming supply?
Not really. You could get super fancy and run an external power supply but that would take even more work and knowledge of electronics. Not hard for someone with experience but someone without experience is a whole new story! In this case I’d say swap with a replacement like the post shows. It’s not hard just practice patience and take photos. You will do just fine.

Surfpulse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am glad that i still saved all 3 EB. I will play around with one soon. Am not that handy when it comes to things like this
Ill have to check it out for the next time it will happen. It will

I sold mine on ebay after i could not figure it out.. Any money was better than none

Last edited:

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can plug these into a computer ups (un-interuptable power supply). This will clean the incoming voltage and provide some backup when power goes out. You can set the apex to turn off non critical things to conserve power.

As stated above electronics really do not like to be turned on and off. A lot of it has to do with the surge of power going through the transformer.

OP
OP
scooter24

scooter24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I orderd the converter that was thought to be bad, I followed the thread posted above. It's was $7 on Amazon and took maybe 35 min to replace. I have to say this my eb832 is now back up and running and is working as intended!!! So excited now!!
20210101_171641.jpg

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

That's $800 in tossed equipment. Ouch!

How can you trust something like this when going away?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back