Apex Energy Bar OUTLET failure

NickE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had ONE single outlet stop working on my Neptune energy bar. My COR-20 was plugged in and I got a low voltage warning. I moved to another outlet and had no issues. I also tried a separate power supply for the COR-20 and I still got a low voltage reading on that outlet. I saw the video posted here a few times relating to the DC power but I get power to the remaining 7 outlets, USB's and link's.

Has anyone had success with trying to fix a single outlet before?

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be helpful for your situation.

This EB832 had a blown shunt resistor on a single outlet and FixReef on YouTube, aka @_AV here, was able to repair it.

He posts very in depth and informative post and videos documenting all sorts of reefing related electronic repairs.
Perhaps reach out and see if your EB832 can possibly be fixed with a similar type of repair.

OP
OP
NickE

NickE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be helpful for your situation.

This EB832 had a blown shunt resistor on a single outlet and FixReef on YouTube, aka @_AV here, was able to repair it.

He posts very in depth and informative post and videos documenting all sorts of reefing related electronic repairs.
Perhaps reach out and see if your EB832 can possibly be fixed with a similar type of repair.

Thanks for this and Thanks @_AV . I might have to work on my soldering skills a bit more before I try to attempt something like this haha.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had ONE single outlet stop working on my Neptune energy bar. My COR-20 was plugged in and I got a low voltage warning. I moved to another outlet and had no issues. I also tried a separate power supply for the COR-20 and I still got a low voltage reading on that outlet. I saw the video posted here a few times relating to the DC power but I get power to the remaining 7 outlets, USB's and link's.

Has anyone had success with trying to fix a single outlet before?

Side note a good recommendation for the Cor 20 is to plug it in outside of the energybar into its own outlet. Gives a bit of safety net should something happen and the EB go down. This is true with all return pumps in my opinion but more so here. I run 2 cor 15's and a cor 20. Cor 20 is outside Apex and on its own outlet for redundancy should I trip an outlet or a eb832 failure.

Side note - if you haven't done so grab the serial number and open a support ticket. When you submit it include the SN so they don't have to ask you later.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back