Apex FMM Flow sensors mounting

  • Thread starter Thread starter garbled
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

garbled

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2018
Messages
772
Reaction score
1,039
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't find any manuals or instructions online for the Apex FMM flow sensors. What I am wondering, is all the pictures I have seen show the sensors mounted horizontally. Is that a requirement, or just how people like to use them? Can I mount them vertically?
 
I can't find any manuals or instructions online for the Apex FMM flow sensors. What I am wondering, is all the pictures I have seen show the sensors mounted horizontally. Is that a requirement, or just how people like to use them? Can I mount them vertically?
Well the sensors are metals strips that water will or water must be in contact with both of them to make a full or closed connection. So if you had them vertical you would have to have a major flow going down the side of it to have a connection with both of them. Where laying flat you don’t need much water to have a connection across to get a pit.
I hope I’m making sense
 
Err, are you talking about the leak sensors? I meant the flow sensors, like:
FS-100-with-fittings-off-1024x1024.jpg


I thought they had internal spinny bits, not metal strips?
 
You can mount the flow sensors horizontally or vertically. They are round inside so orientation doesnt matter. Just make sure flow direction matches the arrow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.4%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new