Apex help

me & my baby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2014
Messages
1,328
Reaction score
1,035
Location
Central Georgia
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an apex lite and a couple eb8 cheap . Trying to get it to connect to the internet . I downloaded the apex utility tool . It shows up in there but when I click open in browser it won’t open . I tried opening the ip address the it shows in the utility tool still nothing . I plugged in a display from my apex classic the screen lights up blue . Is there something else I can try .
 
I got an apex lite and a couple eb8 cheap . Trying to get it to connect to the internet . I downloaded the apex utility tool . It shows up in there but when I click open in browser it won’t open . I tried opening the ip address the it shows in the utility tool still nothing . I plugged in a display from my apex classic the screen lights up blue . Is there something else I can try .
I had weeks of intermittent problems with Apex and WiFi despite having good WiFi signal. Twice I tried all the tricks on the formal apex site and ended up contacting Apex technical support. The first time the technician took 90 minutes to get me back on line. That helped for 2 days. ChatGPT described the apex WiFi radio as relatively weak and a common source of issues. I switched from WiFi to a MoCa adapter allowing me to connect the controller via Ethernet through coaxial cable. It has been working flawlessly. The Heartbeat function of apex indicated it was losing connection with the internet 30-50 times a day while on WiFi. Now with coaxial to Ethernet it is zero.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new