Apex help!!

Mbmarkus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

my apex started acting weird today. When I went to inspect it the power bar is losing power when the usb that connects the brain to the power bar is plugged in. When I unplug it the power bar turns back on. How do i even fix this or what needs to be done so that I can get everything back up and running?

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

my apex started acting weird today. When I went to inspect it the power bar is losing power when the usb that connects the brain to the power bar is plugged in. When I unplug it the power bar turns back on. How do i even fix this or what needs to be done so that I can get everything back up and running?
Try a different USB if you have one, or try the other USB ports on the brain and Pwrbar. If same results, unplug EVERYTHING from the brain and pwrbar. If same result contact Neptune support.

If with everything unplugged and the USB connected and it stays on, start plugging things back in one at a time to see what's tripping it.

OP
OP
M

Mbmarkus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a different USB if you have one, or try the other USB ports on the brain and Pwrbar. If same results, unplug EVERYTHING from the brain and pwrbar. If same result contact Neptune support.

If with everything unplugged and the USB connected and it stays on, start plugging things back in one at a time to see what's tripping it.
The bar works. When I plug in the usb the bar flashes rapidly. When I try to connect the brain via the usb, the brain lights up then shuts off immediately. Could be a faulty usb like you stated.

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bar works. When I plug in the usb the bar flashes rapidly. When I try to connect the brain via the usb, the brain lights up then shuts off immediately. Could be a faulty usb like you stated.
Note the Apex uses propriatary USB cables "aquabus cables" cables.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Note the Apex uses propriatary USB cables "aquabus cables" cables.
AquaBus is a standard USB Type A male to Type A male cable. Nothing proprietary about it. The only difference is when you purchase a cable longer than 16 feet, the USB spec calls for an active repeater which is not Apex compatible because the repeaters work on 5v but the Apex sends 12v through the cable.

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with everything unplugged, regardless of which combination of the 2 USB ports on both the pwrbar and brain you use it's the same issue? Do you have any modules that you could try their USB between the pwrbar and brain?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inspect each AquaBus port for any corrosion.

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaBus is a standard USB Type A male to Type A male cable. Nothing proprietary about it. The only difference is when you purchase a cable longer than 16 feet, the USB spec calls for an active repeater which is not Apex compatible because the repeaters work on 5v but the Apex sends 12v through the cable.
Good to know. Thanks

OP
OP
M

Mbmarkus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have spoke to soon, I got the power bar working and the tank is fine, but it’s not connecting to the cloud.

Back