Apex I/O port not detected

jcdeboe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

I have an issue with my new Avast Marine Davy Jones locker not being identified on my Apex I/O port. I have the 2016 head and I also have a PM1 module. Neither I/O port senses the minidin-8 cable that direct connects to the I/O port. I was wondering if there is something that I am not doing (or need to program) or something that I am missing? I have the locker connected currently to the PM1 I/O port and no switch comes up anywhere on the dashboard. Same thing when I had it direct connected to the Apex I/O port. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The I/O switch ports exist on the Apex whether you have something plugged in or not. The default names for the I/O port switches on the Apex base unit are sw1-sw6. The default names for switch ports on a PM1 or other module are Swx#_1 - Swx#_6 where # is the AquaBus address of the module. You can see each of these port names from Fusion in the System View. Here are mine, which I've renamed based on their functions:

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 11.42.53 PM.png

My Avast Davy Jones locker is named "SkmFul" as shown in the screenshot above. It was originally named Sw1 since it's port 1 of the I/O connector on my Apex base unit.

Just click the padlock on your Fusion dashboard to unlock it, then scroll left to right in the Unused Tiles window at the top of the screen to locate your I/O switches, then click and drag them down onto your dashboard. Click the padlock again when done.

OP
OP
jcdeboe

jcdeboe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so so much! I’m trying to get the hang of programming and using the Apex at a higher level. I also really appreciated the tutorial with pics!
Cheers!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to dig this up but I have a similar situation but perhaps I misunderstand.

the connection from my @AVAST Marine super locker is the minidin8 not bare wire.

so i shouldn’t be looking for one of the six switches, right? The super locker takes up all of the six when wired with the minidin8 so how does one account for that?

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to dig this up but I have a similar situation but perhaps I misunderstand.

the connection from my @AVAST Marine super locker is the minidin8 not bare wire.

so i shouldn’t be looking for one of the six switches, right? The super locker takes up all of the six when wired with the minidin8 so how does one account for that?
It will take up all six switches but only one switch will be used to indicate your locker is full. This is just to make it simple to install.

The odds are that switch 1 will be the one connected but you can easily test this by intentionally closing the switch by filling the container or blowing into the tube and seeing which switch is triggered.

Use this switch for your programing and ignore the other 5.

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It will take up all six switches but only one switch will be used to indicate your locker is full. This is just to make it simple to install.

The odds are that switch 1 will be the one connected but you can easily test this by intentionally closing the switch by filling the container or blowing into the tube and seeing which switch is triggered.

Use this switch for your programing and ignore the other 5.
You’re exactly right.
I was thinking it was using all six switches in a consolidated way under a different name and trying to find it to no avail.
It was switch 1 under my pm1 unit address.
Since fusion is not live blowing into the pressure switch tube didn’t help.
I did see when testing, the I/O port on base unit sw1 would highlight orange/closed in new tiles then when I plugged the minidin8 into the pm1 I/O SWx6_1 would highlight orange/closed and that was how I identified.
Then tested the code for the outlet of the recirc pump and it worked as desired.

thank you for the prompt reply sir!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 66 30.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 59 27.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 45 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 44 20.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%

Back