Apex interval for push notification

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not able to find it and it really annoys me - is there any way to change an interval for alarms as a push notification? It sends notification each hour.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't found it, but I think it sends out notifications based on the polling interval for that specific device. So some can be instantaneous (pH, temperature, salinity, etc.) and some take longer.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cannot change the notification interval. When an alarm is first triggered, you receive the first notification right away. If the condition has not been cleared, you will receive a follow-up notification every 60 minutes.

If you have any low-priority alarms where you don't want hourly notifications, you can use a virtual output to create a "one-time" alert, which will also allow more critical issues to send alarms since the Apex is limited to only sending notifications for a single alarm condition at a time. See my Apex Alarms tutorials for more details and example programming:

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's most likely the range setting on your probes. Just look at what the alerts are it is sending you and then go into those probes and raise or lower the alarm settings.

Temp is a likely culprit. My temp runs 79.2 to 79.7. So I go into the temp probe and unchecked recommended values, then click on the advanced tab right beside that. Then I have "When outside range" selected and minimum 78 and maximum 81.

That gives you some flex and still warns you in plenty of time. Check settings like that on the probes that are sending the warnings.

OP
OP
lost66

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cannot change the notification interval. When an alarm is first triggered, you receive the first notification right away. If the condition has not been cleared, you will receive a follow-up notification every 60 minutes.

If you have any low-priority alarms where you don't want hourly notifications, you can use a virtual output to create a "one-time" alert, which will also allow more critical issues to send alarms since the Apex is limited to only sending notifications for a single alarm condition at a time. See my Apex Alarms tutorials for more details and example programming:
Solved! Thank you :)

I am software engineer, I work in quality area and I can tell Apex has a lot to improve. There are too many ares you have to have phd to setup things correctly.

stebec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep getting email and push notifications on my phone every minute when anything goes out of scope, it’s driving me mad, my PH dropped below 7.9 and I’m getting notifications every minute to tell me. Is there any way to show less notifications?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 128 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back