Apex issues!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Woke up this morning and my apex was not working.

The main unit that accepts the Ethernet cable and more has no power. The man outlet and one of the smaller modules are blinking orange and the display is blank like it has no power.

I have unplugged, replugged, tried to reset, rewired the usb cables and still can't figure it out. Any ideas?

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did the same thing, but came back online after I left it unplugged for a day.

Its a known issue that I researched about two weeks ago. Let it sit for a while not plugged in and see if it comes up. If not, I'd contact Neptune.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tried calling but keep getting a busy signal.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine did the same thing, but came back online after I left it unplugged for a day.

Its a known issue that I researched about two weeks ago. Let it sit for a while not plugged in and see if it comes up. If not, I'd contact Neptune.

That's kind of scary! LOL! What if this happens when I am out of town?

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I've read about it, it only happens when you unplug and plug back in. It gets stuck in the bootloader when powering on.

When mine did that, I immediately bought a new EB8, and then my first one came back online. I'm going to put critical stuck on the newest one, so I can test out the other one for a while to make sure its good.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reefkeeper had an alarm that wouldnt stop, I reset the system and that was it. I would assume that if there was a power outage it could spell disaster. You should always have someone over to feed fish when you are away, that can save your tank and thousands.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With every thing running off that piece of equipment feeding the fish is the last of my worries... They can go for 2 weeks if well fed before something happened... I would worry chemical and top off wise...:(

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol you know what I mean, when I went on vacation I had my neighbor mix kalk, and there is stil half an inch of solid kalk on the bottom of the mixing cup.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well still not working and I can't get trough on the line. :( I guess I will email them.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have to send the base module back to them.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've gotten through on the first try several times (the only times I've tried). YMMV

CJ

kuyatwo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason newer apex are doing what you are talkin about. I was one of the first owners of the apex as I got mine when they were preorder and mine has never stalled like that. I am also on the original firmware too to lazy to upgrade. Both of my friends had to send their base unit for the same reason you had to send yours in for.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine just has no power to the base module.

kuyatwo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just has no power to the base module.

thats what happened to theirs from what neptunes said is that apex was trying to reboot and firmware was corrupted. they sent their base units in and got package back in less than a week with a working base unit. no explanation if it was repaired or replaced.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats what happened to theirs from what neptunes said is that apex was trying to reboot and firmware was corrupted. they sent their base units in and got package back in less than a week with a working base unit. no explanation if it was repaired or replaced.

My guess is that they just flashed the new firmware directly to the chip and sent it back.

CJ

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to hear that you've had trouble with the Apex, Rev. Mine has a serial # around 1250 and I haven't had many issues, other than the self-inflicted kind.

Did have the display go dead on me, but an update of firmware fixed that. Hope it comes back quickly and running like a top.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 49 34.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 20.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back